Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about lowering my boxx....I have 17's. How low can I lower it without it rubbing the fenders? I'm thinking about a 2" drop. Can someone give me an idea of how much it costs to drop your ride????
Thanks!!!!!

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Tein in blue?? Well........... :rolleyes:

It depends on the price of the springs, and then how you install it.

I, like others, recommend that you get an alignment after you lower your car, so you don't run your tires bald.

What's the offset to your wheels? I currently have +40 offset and if I had a 2" drop I'm sure it wouldn't rub, at least in the back.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I bought my springs from ebay for less than 100 shipped. :)

Tein S-techs... in blue... lowered 2" after settling...

Buddy and I installed em in about 90 mins....

True, I have stockers, but as I've been told, I can fit 18's without rubbing.

I thought S-tech Teins came in green......:confused:
Blue?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I only went 1.5 in the front and 1.7 in the rear. I like them because with it being the family wagon I load it down and never have to worry about bottoming out. (Progress)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Depending on the offset, width and tire diameter you can fit any size wheel with a 2" drop without hitting (well maybe not wheels larger than 20" :) ...)

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
i have some 17s and ive got Tanabe DF210 springs. the drop is 2.2" in the front and 2" in the back. it sits very nice and does not rub at all.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
im also on Tanabe DF210's but im on 18''s and no rubbing

·
Registered
869 Posts
go wth the tanabe DF210's!!! they are the best bang 4 the buck it will be low, yet still work great, they have a nice ride too.... i put them on my car

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
yea its a vast improvement over stock suspension. i can tell the ride is allot smoother. also my rear wheel spacer shims seem to give a smoother ride too.

·
AKA Black Box
322 Posts
Tanabe DF210, good ride, good price, good look, cant beat them!!!!

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
the megan springs are tuff ish, you gotta have kidneys of steel to daily drive those springs. or a hard ass.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.