Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting my wheels and taillights, I'm trying to find a replacement for the lower two grilles. There isn't much of a selection out there... It's basically the billet grille or this really cheap fake 'grille' from a seller on e-bay. I'm putting a dark mesh grill on the top and I wanted something chrome and shiny for the bottom two, but all that is available are those two.

Anyone have any ideas?

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Go custom, I know it's more expensive, but it's really the only way you'll get what you want.

I'm gonna be selling me billets soon, cheap because they're not direct replacements, just covers, and they have replacements now. I'm looking to do something new myself.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I have the cheapy ebay billets, and theyre awesome for the bottom two. I dont like the main big top grille in billet, but the bottom two are good. I know you're lookin for something else, but just a heads up that the billets arent as bad as they seem for the price.

scotty

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could use the chrome mesh on the bottom two and keep the black for the top, but in OH we have front license plates and mine attaches on the lowest grille and I need something sturdy enough to hold it. I really don't have the $$ for a custom grill so I guess I'm stuck with the Billet grilles.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I’ve seen the stock lower grills painted before.

Here’s a ‘pic I took a bit back when I was facing the same problem. (I ended up billet btw.)

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
The honeycomb does look pretty good in a silver color

I wonder if anyone has had them painted a chrome type.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.