Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls, I have just picked up my 2nd Xb. It's a 2006 and the lowbeam headlights aren't coming on. I've check fuses, bulbs, changed the switch, and also put a new relay under the dash. None of which has helped my problem. I can't find any fixes on the forums here or online at all. Any idea where I should look?

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB, A/T
119 Posts
This is so old, I doubt that you are still waiting on a response. I really want to know if you ever figured this issue out, because I'm scratching my head trying to think of what the issue could be without laying hands on the situation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is so old, I doubt that you are still waiting on a response. I really want to know if you ever figured this issue out, because I'm scratching my head trying to think of what the issue could be without laying hands on the situation.
It wound up being the actual switch. I had to replace it with an oem one. But they are working now.

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB, A/T
119 Posts
Thanks for responding, it was bugging me trying to figure out the issue all armchair mechanic style. I'm glad that you were able to figure it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem. And yeah it was a real head scratcher. I replaced it with a 3rd party switch and the same thing was happening. So I took it to a reliable mechanic and he wound up telling me to use the oem switches only. So I bought one and bam. No more problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem with my '05 xb but it's the high beams that don't work. When I try to turn on the high beams, both beams on both headlights go out and I have to keep it on low beam setting. The dash and other outside lights will stay on in either setting. I also suspect a bad switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys and girls, I have just picked up my 2nd Xb. It's a 2006 and the lowbeam headlights aren't coming on. I've check fuses, bulbs, changed the switch, and also put a new relay under the dash. None of which has helped my problem. I can't find any fixes on the forums here or online at all. Any idea where I should look?
I am having the same issue with my low beams not working. High beams work fine. What relay did you change under the dash? Did your high beams work? In doing research I found that there is a relay to the left of the fuse box ,see image. I swapped just one like it to check and it didn't fix the problem. Any help would be appreciated
White Motor vehicle Product Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

1 - 7 of 7 Posts