Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my Perrin pulley yesterday and I just gotta say, for the price, you really do feel a difference around the power band. The install was a *****, but not as impossible as others make it sound. Definitely worth it if you live in a Hilly area. The box doesn't feel as sluggish coming out of 1st gear anymore. Look out KIA's here I come!
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u119/redrik1980/perrinpulley.jpg

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
The only mod I really recommend, glad you like it!

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Yeah, like Padanky, the pulley is really the only true recommended mod. The others are just added filler and noise. lol. Not, really, the pulley compliments it all. If anyone should mod performance wise, the pulley should be first.

Glad you're happy with it!! I knows I is!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
^^^ yeah, other bolt on's just look cool, sound cool, and fill in empty spaces on your mod list. I ran damn near the same times at the track stock as I did with a bunch of bolt-ons, when I installed the pulley I knocked 2/10th of my qtr times consistantly. Went from 17.1's to 16.9's and I added the TBS recently and ran a 16.8 last month. My best stock was one 16.9 less than a month after I bought the xB. Manual of course. All the bolt-ons and around four track nights and 1/10th better. Trap speed right under 80mph.

·
3,453 Posts
whoo! That's a fast box!!

We should write into pinks and see who has the fastest box Chris, waddya say?? No, not race for the cars, but you know.....get on TV and show em boxes ARE faster than slugs!!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
^^^ Pink's is going to be at the track Saturday night, I'll be there. Only $10 to get in too. They are looking for 12 sec cars or better only though. March 17th

http://www.speedtv.com/pinks/

·
3,453 Posts
Well....I can't necessarily say my box is a 12 second car........

But 10 bucks to see the show ain't bad! See if you can get some TV time!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Good to hear people are liking the results from this mod, it made my to-do list.

Now who's been running theirs the longest trouble free. I have only heard of one person with a problem and I think it was a crank seal leak. I don't like to do any mods that require more work than they're worth.

·
3,453 Posts
I've had the pulley on for at least a year. At least. Probably only 10k miles with the pulley, though no problems. The only problem I have seen personally is that a guy has a squeaky belt. I told him to tighten the belt, and he claims he did, but it didn't fix anything.

I read things about people having problems and such, and most are with superchargers. Other than that, trouble free so far.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I've had mine a since christmas of 05' and about 10k on it, really driven hard, in town driving, and around 50 passes down the qtr mile, no problems at all.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.