Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The hubby and I are scheduled for installation in a couple weeks.

So ... who's got it, who loves it, who hates it (and why!), and what else should we know? I've never had satellite radio before, so I'm pretty clueless about it, but this apparently won't cost us a thing for 9 months (we're special), so it sounds pretty cool! :)

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
I have it, It spretty good there are alot of different styles of music and you dont go out of range of the sattelites exept under bridges and in the garage. I got it free too but i'm not sure I'll keep the subscription when it runs out. I usually listen to AM talk or my own CD's. But having Howard Stern again is nice. :)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I am scheduled for installation but I have to put a stock radio back in for the installation. I've heard it's cool but I usually listen to talk radio or sports radio or recordings of my own radio show. (shameless plug) I'll put the after market head unit back in after the install. Shhhhh don't tell anyone.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your responses! I love music, so I'm sure it will work it's way under my skin. :p Looks like some good genre choices.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
so who's the first in line to Longo?
i'm scheduled on May 10th , can some give me channel for alternative rock, new rock, mostly stuff you hear from KROQ, of course with out the talk and comercials.
thanks,
sid

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We're May 11th!!! But I am FIRST in line for the "boxd_up's". :p

(Oh, and I love the shirts and hats they gave away! sooo comfy and cute!)

·
Registered
173 Posts
sid said:
so who's the first in line to Longo?
i'm scheduled on May 10th , can some give me channel for alternative rock, new rock, mostly stuff you hear from KROQ, of course with out the talk and comercials.
thanks,
sid
ok i dont have it yet but i no that 21 is "alt nation"(alternative rock), and 20 "octane" is like the same thing

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
you will love sirius. I promise you, after getting it in my box I can tell you right now that every car I own from here on out will have sat (preferably Sirius) radio

sid: there's like 10 rock channels from classic vinyl, to new alt rock, hard rock, to a personal favorite "Hard Attack" all heavy metal, all the time :p
I have my Sat 1 row of presets for all my rock, Sat 2 row is all raggae and breakbeats, anything I turn my subs up to, and Sat 3 is all my talk, news, Stern, Playboy radio, weather etc
:D

go to www.sirius.com sid and you can get the channel beakdown there :)

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
thanks guys for the tip!!!
I guess i'm ready to embrace sat. radio!!!
lol! my company is actually making(in process) home sat. receiver/amp sys. for sirius and xm. its also wireless hook up for ipod, but they don't want me to nose around it.
I wonder if we can use our pass code for multi receiver, I mean the pass code used in our car, to be used on a home unit at the same time.

·
I'm a chick, yo!<3
447 Posts
I luved my sirius radio....but when i got the RS3 it came with XM and i can't switch the unit because its also my dvd player...i definatly liked sirius better then XM....but XM still rox, i mean i still luv it i would rather go with sirius though if i had to choose....:)

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Niiiiice! I wore mine yesteday and my son is wearing his today. If my daughter doesn't get to wearing hers quickly, I'll be stealing hers for myself too! The hats were awesome on Sunday with all that sun, kept my face from getting burnt. They're nice too that they're elastic instead of cheesy plastic adjusters.

I wish all companies gave out stuff this nice. Usually it's just junky t-shirts that get worn once and then end up at the thrift stores. If they really wanna get their advertising out there, give out better quality merch!

Yeah, I'm probably a little too obsessed with clothing. Back to the regularly scheduled thread program! :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well I am biased because I have XM but Sirius is about a year to two years behind XM in the technology department. And they have Opie and Anthony on XM as well so those are two huge deciding factors for me. Satellite is the only way to go when it comes to radio, hopefully they will stay around for awhile cause they are both losing money badly.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not to be a bearer of bad news or put you down but Sirius isn't losing money they are bringing more in with the addition of howard stern. Sirius is now up to 4 million subscribers and counting and I dont really keep up on XM but i doubt XM is losing ALOt of money maybe a little but i know for a fact that Sirius isn't losing any money. And the only reason that Sirius is behind in the technology game is because XM was out longer then Sirius, for a while XM was the only satellite service. But now that O&A are back on terestrial radio i think that was a bad move for XM, even though Xm subscribers can get 6 full hours of uncensored O&A regular radio can listen to 3...which i think is going to be a bad deal for xm but who know....it could go either way :rolleyes:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I must have read this wrong.

"Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. reported Tuesday that its first quarter loss more than doubled, due largely to expenses of $225 million in stock-based compensation to its star shock jock Howard Stern. Revenue nearly tripled as the company expanded its subscriber base.

Sirius reported a net loss of $458.5 million, or 33 cents a share, for the January-March period compared with a loss of $193.6 million, or 15 cents a share, a year ago."

I think the key word in this is LOSS.

Here is the whole article. http://www.forbes.com/technology/feeds/ap/2006/05/02/ap2713942.html

Here is one about Xm's losses. http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060503/xm_satellite_stock.html?.v=2

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
NVSHSKR said:

"Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. reported Tuesday that its first quarter loss more than doubled, due largely to expenses of $225 million in stock-based compensation to its star shock jock Howard Stern. Revenue nearly tripled as the company expanded its subscriber base.

Sirius reported a net loss of $458.5 million, or 33 cents a share, for the January-March period compared with a loss of $193.6 million, or 15 cents a share, a year ago."

Here is the whole article. http://www.forbes.com/technology/feeds/ap/2006/05/02/ap2713942.html

Here is one about Xm's losses. http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060503/xm_satellite_stock.html?.v=2
The article continues.....
On an earnings call with analysts, company officials said they had enough cash on hand to fund their current needs and expect to start turning a profit on a cash flow basis as soon as the fourth quarter of this year. Sirius also said its average cost for acquiring subscribers - a figure closely watched by investors - fell 41 percent to $113 in the quarter.

Investors liked what they heard, and sent Sirius's shares up 27 cents, or 5.8 percent, to $4.89 in active trading Tuesday morning on the Nasdaq Stock Market. However, the shares are still closer to the lower end of their 52-week trading range of $4.36 to $7.98.

Revenues rose to $126.7 million compared with $43.2 million in the same period a year ago as the company continued to build up its subscriber base.

Sirius said it had 4.1 million subscribers at the end of the first quarter, having added about 761,000 customers in the most recent period. The company said it now expects to have 6.2 million subscribers by the end of the year.

As for XM:
On Wednesday, a law firm filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on behalf of all persons who acquired the stock of XM Satellite Radio between July 28, 2005, and Feb. 15, 2006.

The lawsuit alleges the company misrepresented its ability to reduce the costs of new subscribers as it reached its goal of six million subscribers by the end of 2005. The law firm said that, despite XM's knowledge that it would be making expenditures in the fourth quarter to achieve the subscriber goal, the company failed to disclose to the market that these costs would help lead to increased losses

·
Registered
69 Posts
NVSHSKR said:

Looks like you've read it wrong because im pretty sure the key word here is EXPENSES just like the article states sirius lost money because of expenses..thats right expenses and i believe that thats hardly losing money badly like you say because of the fact that they SPENT it on Mr. Stern not LOST the money due to anything else :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
i had mine installed as complementary from the Longo Toyota Triathlon gig. i had it done
may 2nd and i almost cannot stop surfing the channels, i did however get stuck on
"adult radio" self explanatory:D
i'm hooked on specific channels like raggae / trance / the BBC radio to name a few
wow, i still have to listen to so much more:eek:

YOU'LL LIKE IT especially if you only have STD radio now!

i agree on the shirts....COMFFFYEEE! and it looks hot on me :p

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.