Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
whats up guys, im a honda guy and have been for a few years. i am almost done building my 91 civic hb its pritty much a track built car and I am almost done with it all. Now that im finished I was looking at getting a good daily and selling my race car for a bus lol. I know the xb is slow as hell but the milage is great just like my honda and they look sick slammed. Well my question is this. Do you guys think it is worth leaving the honda community, which is full of a bunch of asshats and get a daily and slam it? I also hate owning a honda that is built and driving it daily because im always worried about someone trying to steal it. Im a college student and am on a budget so keeping two cars is out of my budget. I was hoping to find a clean all white or black one for under 9k if possible. Well just wanted to say whats up and start reading up on this site here are a few random pics of my hatch. It kills it up in the hills and handles like its on rails...trust me :)

Sorry to post honda pics in the yota site :( just wanted to give you guys and idea of what i would be swapin for an xb.

thanks

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
We dont hate around here. I love the xb personally and love driving it every time my wife allows me. Just note there are not so nice people and idiots in the xb community as well not many here though. Go for it and dont look back.

·
pastormatt
349 Posts
xB Community

We all love cars here and your Honda is hot. Here's an idea for you.. how many hondas do you see and how many XB's do you see?

The cool thing about the XB is that it is unique. And with the first generation now going to be a collector, it will be even more desired in the future.

There will always be plenty of Honda's around to redo one day if you want to, but if you have the XB Bug... GO FOR IT!

God bless
Pastor Matt

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We all love cars here and your Honda is hot. Here's an idea for you.. how many hondas do you see and how many XB's do you see?

The cool thing about the XB is that it is unique. And with the first generation now going to be a collector, it will be even more desired in the future.

There will always be plenty of Honda's around to redo one day if you want to, but if you have the XB Bug... GO FOR IT!

God bless
Pastor Matt

Thanks guys!! Yeah I have had the bug since I first saw one, I was real close to buying one new off the lot but picked up my hatch due to financial reasons and not having car payments. I am still on a budget but think that I could probably get about 5k out of my hatch and then get a clean used xb and owe about another 5k. I just hate the idea of a car payment :( I might have to hold off for a bit longer maybe untill im out of college but it would be nice to have one.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anyone know of a good way to go about financing this? I dont want to really deal with loan from anywhere other then my bank due to high intrest and having to get full coverage. I was thinking of pulling a $5000 personnal loan and picking one up. Guess I should just start saving :( sucks to be poor lol cant wait till college is over and I'm rollin in the $$$$$

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
You will love the xB no doubt.

I financed mine thru the dealer and refinanced thru a Credit Union. When I first bought it and they ran my credit, I still owed 10K on my totaled Protege5, so they gave me a 12.1% interest rate. I refinanced it a few months later at 6.5.

Credit Unions seem to give the best rates.

·
Registered
869 Posts
it's all about what your credit score is.....i have execelent credit...i got 6% on my xb and im only 23.....it pays to pay your bills!;) ......man your honda looks really good! quite possibly the best oldscool honda i have seen.....do u have the v-tech conversion? i cant tell by looking....your xb will be a little less peppy than your civic....but the box will git up and go if you know how to drive it...but trust us you wont regret getting a xb....right now my 2 favorite cars are the xb and the honda S2000 well i just had a baby not to long ago and it's a little more practical:cool: but i plan on buying one when i pay my xb off....as a weekend car:rolleyes:

·
Registered
86 Posts
8at.. welcome to the club.

Definitely a clean and nicely-tricked Honda. You'll get a good price without a doubt. Only problem is that a lot of used xBs are running for near the MSRP for new ones.

Like Padanky said, credit unions have great rates.. especially if they open a new branch and offer a promotional 3.25% rate. (I can hear someone growling right now..)

Just crunch the numbers, see what's up for resale.. personally, with the crappy cars I had/have in college, I'd stick with the Honda for a few more months - especially now that resale will probably jump now that xBs have stopped shipping. (And you don't want the repo man.. who doesn't care if the xB is hot or not.. ;))

·
Registered
869 Posts
yeah, if you can afford it buy it...just go to a dealer and have em give you a idea about what your payments will look like......for me @ 6% intrest....my payments are at $303/mo. and my driving record is good and i pay about $135.....thats $438/mo...to drive it....im not sure what your financial state is at but hopefully this will help

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, if you can afford it buy it...just go to a dealer and have em give you a idea about what your payments will look like......for me @ 6% intrest....my payments are at $303/mo. and my driving record is good and i pay about $135.....thats $438/mo...to drive it....im not sure what your financial state is at but hopefully this will help
Thanks guys for all your help, man i wish i had one now!!! The honda community is so weak :( anyways yeah $450 is a bit out of my budget. I was looking to get on for about 9k then put 5k in and owe 4k i suspect the payments wouldnt be alittle less but i would have to get full coverage. I have a great driving record and super good credit i dont want to mess it up though lol. I will just finish up my project just need to respray it and bump the boost up to 10lbs retune the ecu then call it a day. I just hate stressin about it getting stolen it spends most of the time in the garage :(. Oh and its obd-0 non vtec lol old school!!!! Thanks for all the complements I love my hatch and will be really bummed to see it go but I have always wanted a box. We will see until then I can dream cant I.

Thanks again guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.