Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
xB1 Almost-Enthusiast
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's still pretty easy to find Black Sand Pearl spray paint (e.g., Duplicolor brand) for ~$13.

I'm doing the wiper-removal on a Thunder Cloud Metallic, and want to paint the little piece I use to fill the hole.

I'm having a hard time finding any TCM spray. I only need a little, so the $35+ kits are way overkill.

Anyone have any relatively fresh cans in the garage? Know where I can find some?

·
Registered
68 Posts
This might not help you but.. thought it might help (might not..)

might be too much money but I used Touch Up Paint and Accessories | AutomotiveTouchup
to paint my engine cover last weekend.. you can order via the paint code (you can get that from the dealership if you don't know it sounds like you do)

you'd probably only need a basecoat and then clear with your choice. ORR you could just get one of their $10 touch up bottles (or one from the dealership) and use a sponge brush for even brushing.. for something small it might come out ok with clear coat spray on it...

·
xB1 Almost-Enthusiast
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I've looked at the little touch-up kits, that come with a brush... but the cap is about an inch across, and I'm worried about adding "texture" if I try to cover that much area. No big deal.

The spray bottle is $19, and the cheapest shipping is $8.83. Blech. I'll check shipping on the little brush bottle.

I may just leave this cap chrome or black, until I come across some TCM/1D2 some other time. ::shrug::

Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
You're welcome! Yeah.. I dunno I know I used to have an Acura Integra and the wiper blades were peeling off the black paint from the sun so I just got some black touch up paint and just poured some paint in a small paper bowl and bought one of those small foam applicator brushes at a dollar store and it turned out ok :)

yeah it just depends on how close you want it to match and how big the area. I don't think you can go wrong with either black/chrome either. All down to what you want it to look like.

Anyway you're welcome! Share a pic if you do I'm curious how it turns out.

·
Registered
178 Posts
hey guys, go on automotivetouchup.com and order threw them, just enter year make model and pick the color you want. the paints pre-mixed in cans pints quarts and gallons, easy to use and perfect match! also for clear you can use the spray max clear..i believe its the glamour high gloss clear that comes with the cap that has a pin that punctures the can to mix the 2 parts...ive used there paints to do small jobs and whole cars and its a amazing paint company..the paints are pricey but its well worth it in my opinion..:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts