Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current summer wheels set up is 17x7.5 +45 and running 205 40 17's and running pretty low on D2 coils

They are pretty sunken in and want a flush fitment now that I'm on coils. I know I want to go with -3° in the rear. Question I now have it what rear hub spacers am I going to need and will I need a tire with stretch? I have yet to get my fenders rolled. I want to maintaine my current ride high but don't want to jam my wheel lip into my fender! Also in the future(aka when I find a used set of wheels) I want to run a 17 with a 20 to 25 offset.

Wheels, tires, camber are all new to me so any help would be great!

Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added 01-30-2013 at 09:05 PM ----------

The wheels and ride hight

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
I had 17x7+40, so very similar specs, and ran -3 and 25mm spacers. It should not rub if you rolled properly.

This is no camber, spaced 22.7mm (stacked shims)

---------- Post added 01-31-2013 at 04:00 AM ----------

You might as well order extended studs for the front and press them yourself, it's worth it to be able to add 5mm, 10mm, or 15mm, if you want.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thanks! I've pressed my own front studs(had a bad habit of
Over torquing them) so ill grab some longer ones. Ordered some -3° shims today and looking around for what size hub spacers I need. Worst part is I can't nail down what wheels I want and still not 100% sure in size. I want so much and can only buy once!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was running 17x7.5. With 1/4" wheel spacers from autozone. But I had to take them off bcuZ I didn't have a hub ring to fit. Does anyone know exactly where to buy 1/2" 73.1mm to 54.1mm hub ring??? Or does anyone around Philly know a good shop to go to. Also my tires are 215/45 r17 42+ offset.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome thanks! I've pressed my own front studs(had a bad habit of
Over torquing them) so ill grab some longer ones. Ordered some -3° shims today and looking around for what size hub spacers I need. Worst part is I can't nail down what wheels I want and still not 100% sure in size. I want so much and can only buy once!
for whomever might be reading now —
How to:
Buy here:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts