Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting married in September and have decided to make my own centerpieces. I am looking for Scion xB Plastic Car Models that are already put together or I have to put together, but I am having problems locating them. I will be painting them different colors and putting some other decorations on them and then the head table one will be lit up with battery operated lights.

They look similar to this, maybe a little bigger:

If someone can direct me to a local place or a website, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!:)

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Tammie,

Tamiya makes bB models in 1/25th scale. Fujimi makes a few also.

Check any local hobby shops near you. If you need some help, let me know.

They are plastic and need to be painted and glued together.

·
Registered
659 Posts
hey doll the only model kits i know of are from japan
if your just looking for xb's that light up the street glow cars come with lights but they are a little lrg. the kits from hong kong take awhile to get here and are not cheap. hope this helps try wal-mart toys'r'us hobbie shops also if you just want toy xb's get the jada chub city cars congrats on your up comming wedding:) p.s there is always ebay jus be careful whit the prices

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Rick, you need help! j/k Nice collection of xBs!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Nice collection! I thought I had alot with about 8.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
They have them at my grochery store. I was going to buy both of them. Their grey and blue. Their so cute!! I'll send them to you if you want...

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
squirrel said:
Rick, you need help! j/k Nice collection of xBs!
LOL!! That is a nice collection...I'm diggin' the Chub City ones I might switch to something like that. I will look around even more, I just can't decide if I want the ones already made or the ones I need to put together.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will let you know what I plan to do and show the finished product when the time gets closer.

:D

·
Registered
659 Posts
squirrel your right & btw do you know where i can find the new transformer ones ?

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
ric2542 said:
squirrel your right & btw do you know where i can find the new transformer ones ?
I haven't seen any of the Transformer xBs. I only have a Wally World and Target' out here. Nothing at all.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
It might just be easier and cheaper to go with die cast Tammie. They're much easier to find and you won't have to spend time building them. I'm assuming you're going to do more than 10, right?

Personalizing your wedding with something off the wall like that is pretty sweet. Our cake topper was made by my wife and featured Han Solo and Leia Organa. I couldn't talk her into making it with Lando Calrisian (I freakin' LOVE Billy Dee Williams!), but Han was passable.

Good luck!

-Alex

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
dang ric2542, that is some collection you got there!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ric2542 said:
I thought I saw some on eBay.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
grizzly_choppers said:
It might just be easier and cheaper to go with die cast Tammie. They're much easier to find and you won't have to spend time building them. I'm assuming you're going to do more than 10, right?

Personalizing your wedding with something off the wall like that is pretty sweet. Our cake topper was made by my wife and featured Han Solo and Leia Organa. I couldn't talk her into making it with Lando Calrisian (I freakin' LOVE Billy Dee Williams!), but Han was passable.

Good luck!

-Alex
Yeah, I'm thinking die cast and then adding some minor decorations to them and I want to say about 10. The head table I want to make it a little different then the rest. I'm also making a cake topper with the bride and groom and a motorcycle (I'm into Scions, fiance is into motorcycles). And then as part of the favors some temporary tattoos (since we both have them and love them) for the kids.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I just picked up a Scion Xb Transformer at wal-mart for $20, you might want to check them out.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Padanky said:
I just picked up a Scion Xb Transformer at wal-mart for $20, you might want to check them out.
Sweet! Gotta check that out, sounds like a head table center piece! LOL!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
WOW!! Nice collection of Disney DVDs!!! :p
My daughter is 20 months old who's falling in love with Disney characters and the first thing that caught my attention from the pic was the DVDs.... Nice collection of xBs, BTW.... :D

·
Registered
659 Posts
hey daramg don't recall specking to you befor the dvd's are due to my four treasures the name i've givin my four grand kids . Disney is truly the best they never grow old I envy you your truly blessed enjoy you daughter kids are young for such a short time.
this is me& my 4 treasures :) l-r-t-b lucas 8 -collin 9-rae 5-alysa 5:) :)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Scion XB Transformer.

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
Whoa~ looking at the pic of your car, i did not thing that you would have 4 grand kids!! :eek: :eek: ;)

Anyways, they are adorable... Here is mine...
DSCN0001.JPG

·
Registered
659 Posts
OMC [old man campbell]

daramag she is wonderfull kids are the greatest . i get that about my age all the time.age,is a 2thing 1is the body of which mine is a pice of junk. the 2nd and more important ,is your state of mind, which i'am about 22. and with the help of my 4 treasures i'll never grow old . my B-DAY is in my sig ric2542 the 25 is the day & 42 is the year:eek: :eek: :eek: :p :p :) :) lif is truly what you make it GODs gift to you is life how you live it is your gift to GOD so live in good health & love :cool: OMC peace out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.