Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a month into owning my RS10 (#104 of 1500) and have ordered the stuff to install the system I pulled out of my old car. I have a crossover and a 5 channel 3200 max lanzar vibe with a 12" tuned port infinity reference sub. I want to upgrade my stock components, but later. Right now I'm fitting the ride with green lighting.

What I'm looking for is the specs for the stock speakers. I don't want to tear into the doors right now, but I can't find model #'s anywhere. I need to know what the frequency response is for my crossover. Also, If the front speakers are 6.5 (?) and the tweet is fed off that channel, if I cut it down I will lose my mids. If the back is 5.25 (?) I might should swap them.

I'm afraid that I might need to tear into it to figure all of this out, unless someone can feed me some knowledge?

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,477 Posts
Fronts are 6.5"
Rears are 5.25" but a 6.5" can be made to fit.

The front tweeters are run parallel with the mids and have a high pass on them so you only have one speaker line feeding both.

I wouldn't run any of the speakers below 80 Hz probably 100-120 Hz. for the rear would be better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fronts are 6.5"
Rears are 5.25" but a 6.5" can be made to fit.

The front tweeters are run parallel with the mids and have a high pass on them so you only have one speaker line feeding both.

I wouldn't run any of the speakers below 80 Hz probably 100-120 Hz. for the rear would be better.
Agreed with 80hz for stock speakers, but when you do upgrades you can EASILY run lower if you buy quality speakers and know how to tune properly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts