Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I've just bought a 2005 Toyota BB first gen. I wanna buy some rims for it. When I google I see alot of them on 15x8. So I'm wondering. Would that size be ideal? So it fills the guards? It's totally factory I just wana lower it & buy some rims so it looks pretty. So I was thinking . . Do I get the 15x8? Or could someone recommend to me a size and offset that would be nice please. I'm unsure about any of that. I live in New Zealand lol I wanna lower it on some nice looking rims. Please help. Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im running 17x8.25 wheels +32 offsetand lowered on eibach sportlines, i can tell you that the fitment is flush with that setup in the front, in the rear its a bit tucked in and the clearance was just barely good in the rear. 205/40 tires

·
Registered
461 Posts
17x7 with 215/45/17s were on the 04 I bought recently. Plenty of clearance because not lowered with good gap. Already have a lowered car running 205/40/17s so the toaster will not be getting lowered. I like it just how it is. Go bigger than 15s if you intend on lowering IMO.

20200405_130043.jpg

·
**** in a Box
1,484 Posts
I run a 15x8 and it fills out the wheel wells nicely. I'm dropped on TRD springs and run some meaty 205/55/r15 tires. Spacers in the back are 10mm and front is 5mm if I remember correctly. The front scrubs at full lock and the back scrubs if I'm fully loaded while flying over dips/potholes, but that's life. For how low it sits I haven't had any issues with clearance in winter up here in North Dakota!

My wheels are Enkei Apache II and my tires are Kumho Ecstas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts