Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks good....take some pics once it's installed :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hayalex6 said:
Like this?
A couple of questions for you Brother....

I've seen a couple of install pictures and have noticed that the axle clamps have been in different positions. How did you come up with exactly where to put them in relation to the ends?

Also,the directions(haha)they provide say to tighten everything up while at ride height. I have a 2" drop and I don't think I could fit under even if it was stock height. What did you do?

Did you use their white grease? I'm leaning more towards a better waterproof type.

Thanks for any help you can give!

I will post pics asap.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Yeah, the axle clamps on mine are too far away. they need to be further out, as close to the bend as possible.

I used ramps to put this on, as you should always put a sway bar on with weight on the tires.

Yes, I just used the grease they provided.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Okay,all done! It took me just short of 2 hours to do the whole thing. I had to take it apart twice.:mad: First,to tighten the shock bracket mount, because I could not find my 17MM open end wrench and had to use a socket. Second,because the whole unit had to be moved laterally towards the passenger side...after I tightened everything up mind you :mad: but, all in all, it was very easy to do. Like my homemade ramps? :eek: Hehehe

I will drive it after I clean up a bit and let you all know how it handles.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Holy %@#$,I need new seats! The stockers will not hold me in the driving position. I'm very impressed with this mod.

See my"Is it stiff enough"thread for an amazing picture!

·
Registered
131 Posts
nice whiteline is making parts for the xB now?? I have been way outta the loop

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
well technically it's for the echo I believe, but it works on our cars too. probably goes for the yaris and xA as well.

·
Registered
552 Posts
does it affect the smoothness of the ride quality. I just put on new springs that made the xB ride a little smoother and wonder how this will effect the ride?

I don't want to spend the money on Monrows if the sway bar is going to stiff the ride anyways

thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.