Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm pretty sure people have said this is NOT the new scion xb, but man it sure looks like our current xb...even has a center circular speedo the size of ours (of course i just got a quick glimps of the interior).

sorry for the crappy pics, rush our, cam phone and sun glare, but check this thing out....

(OH, saw it on the 405 coming north from irvine, between irvine and lost it around the 605 when i pulled in front of him and he pulled away (to avoid me taking more pics i'm guessing)

So, since i took the time to post these, i'm too lazy to search the other threads, do we know for sure what this thing is yet? Anyways, if anybody wants to use these pictures, please pm me.
Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
It's probably a chassis test mule with the old body modified to fit the new drivetrain so they can put a bunch of real-world miles on it testing.

The bodywork is NOT what we saw in Miami.

Good catch, though. :)

Tom

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Cool Spot

lost it around the 605 when i pulled in front of him and he pulled away (to avoid me taking more pics i'm guessing
^^ Did you see the other driver's expression? :D

Some day I hope I spot this thing.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
well, I wish someone who went to Miami with artistic talent would mock up a drawing.........

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I was going say it looks like a xb body, you can bet the new bb has has plenty of testing done on the us roads al ready. If you ever go up to Louisville, Ky you can see a lot of Ford's being drives, to get the gas milage and to see about wear and tear.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dang, that thing is weird... looks wider than our xb.
it was about 1 1/2--2 feet LONGER i'd say, but i'm pretty sure it was the same width..it's hard to see in my pics, but it had a leather cover on the back covering the hatchback..that might have given it the wider appearance

·
3,453 Posts
Ok, so then, two things: It's an extended xB hybrid whatchamajig, or they're going open deck. So all the people with the OD grille can rejoice.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Think the M on the windshield is for Mule?

I don't know Tomas, the size looks about right and the roof looks chopped to me like the one in Miami.

I was staring at one of the other pictures of this thing and man, it could be...

That color peeking out sure looks familiar...

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Tatted I saw the same one and the same guy on Friday too (right around the 405 & westminster mall)....... I only got one pics before he changed lanes to get away from me and my camera phone........

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I hear what you're saying, Alex, but it has a window in the "C" pillar and the headlights are totally wrong. :)

I looks to me more like an xB Classic body that has been sort of 'stretched' over the new platform as a test bed. Most of the views it looks a bit lower and wider - can't tell about the length from the pics, but the OP says it was longer, too. Actually, since it appears wider, that may even account for the seeming lower roofline.

I suspect it is the new chassis/running gear with a modified classic body placed on it as a test mule.

We'll probably never know. :)

Tom

·
3,453 Posts
They need to do more testing of these cars out here in the midwest. We carry digi cams with us, and we'd tear that thing apart. lmao

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tatted I saw the same one and the same guy on Friday too (right around the 405 & westminster mall)....... I only got one pics before he changed lanes to get away from me and my camera phone........
Nice, yeah he finally changed lanes away from me once i pulled in FRONT of him, lol, but i was still able to get plenty of other pics due to the traffic situation.... nice

·
Registered
13 Posts
the new xb has a shorter roof line and is a little longer and the dash is different it doesnt have the single gauge anymore.form what i seen it was digital.the back side windows are inclosed.and the front end is different.my susgestion is to keep your xb.the shifter is the same hight as the seat.some what like the lariet ford p/u.i like the 04 to 06 xbs better

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah i saw that thing on the streets a couple months ago.
speaking of, i saw YOU on the 405 a few months ago too....i would have waved or something, but you've got no clue who I am...lol, the last time i was at a scion meet was 1 1/2 years ago....

·
Registered
288 Posts
You should have waved, I always wave back to scion owners. although most of the time i am in a trance while i am driving. dang freeway!!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You should have waved, I always wave back to scion owners. although most of the time i am in a trance while i am driving. dang freeway!!
Actually I think i might have, but you were looking straight ahead.. (in your trance most likely, hehe)

Gotta love the 405 :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.