Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Within the past month or two I've developed a weird issue w/ my Scion XB '06. After driving a little, and without touching the manual lock controls, the locking mechanism on the front passenger side will lock for no reason.

After parking, the front passenger side can't be manually unlocked by pulling the lock up or unlocked with the button controls. I have to get out and unlock it with my key. This happens randomly. What could cause this? Is there any known recalls for the automatic lock on this Scion series that anyone knows of?

Thanks,

KG

·
Registered
12 Posts
On my 2006, my passenger side lock/ latch assembly was doing the same thing to me. I just replaced mine last week. Luckily I had a spare assembly (including latch, solenoid, and linkage) in my shop. It worked great after I replaced it. I don't think it's the solenoid (I could be wrong), I think the plastic nylon fittings in the latch assembly wear out over time. It looks like maybe the nylon "ball and socket" that the door lock actuates wears out. Kind of like a worn out knee cap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I still have a similar issue with my 06 xb passenger/driver side locks. If someone pulls the door handle when it's locked then tries too unlock and open it the door won't open and the only way to open it is to wait, or open the door with the key. I need to get this fixed.

·
Dead box
1,095 Posts
Door locks are a fairly common failure point on the first gen. I kind of doubt Toyota will issue a recall for a non-safety-related problem with an electrical accessory on 10-12-year-old cars. They did issue a recall last year on power window switches in some models going back as far as 2005, but those caused fires.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Within the past month or two I've developed a weird issue w/ my Scion XB '06. After driving a little, and without touching the manual lock controls, the locking mechanism on the front passenger side will lock for no reason.

After parking, the front passenger side can't be manually unlocked by pulling the lock up or unlocked with the button controls. I have to get out and unlock it with my key. This happens randomly. What could cause this? Is there any known recalls for the automatic lock on this Scion series that anyone knows of?

Thanks,

KG
Mine won't even unlock with the key. How am I supposed to get the door panel off if I can't even open the door?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts