Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99% of the time my Xb sounds like it isnt even on and is nice and quiet
but 1% of the time the engine will do a little shaking nothing much but enough to be noticed
the equivilent of someone in the passengers seat nervously out of habit shaking thier leg.
I only have 250 miles on it is this normal or should i have it checked out
i also might add its mainly when stopped (in drive brake applied) or idle
:confused:

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
mine does it too, kinda like when you turn the A/C on. just a little shake.

I think it is normal mine has just over 10,000 miles

At idle, sitting in the drive thru, etc.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I just took mine in for the 5000 mile oil change yesterday and I asked the service manager about it, he said it's normal. Then he told me it would cost me 280 to diagnose why my A/C isn't working since I have added a ground wire kit and an aftermarket stereo. They decided it isn't a warranty covered item just by "looking" at it. :mad:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Oh no its going to blow! :rolleyes: :D

Its normal. The xb has a rough idle, and when you turn on the a/c you will notice the rpm's at idle will boggle, then resume to where it was originally. If you sit in traffic for a while, you will also notice a slight "rumble" as well.

Fix? Synthetic oil. You still will occasionally get the "rumble", but it will clean the idle up a bit.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
they are cheaply made light cars. imagine if u ad an engine damper like me. lot more. it's normal.

·
Registered
214 Posts
^
Exactly. If you take your front bumper off for example, its light and theres nothing there. Part of the reason why when you idle for a while the front shakes. The dashboard and everything is light weight, extremely light compared to majority of cars. Small price to pay to be light weight. :D

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
I just took mine in for the 5000 mile oil change yesterday and I asked the service manager about it, he said it's normal. Then he told me it would cost me 280 to diagnose why my A/C isn't working since I have added a ground wire kit and an aftermarket stereo. They decided it isn't a warranty covered item just by "looking" at it. :mad:
Take off the ground wires and go to a different dealer, then put them back on after they fix it under warranty. That might work. :)

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
i have the weapon r damper . it's not too bad but my car is slammed , and it's cheap i never expected anything smooth or luxurious so yea , it's faster than most others so i'm pretty decently happy with it. just turn the stereo up .

and on the neutral bit if you've got a manual it's wise since it will save you a throw out bearing or two , especially if ya have a racing clutch like I do .

·
Registered
212 Posts
hotbox05 said:
i have the weapon r damper . it's not too bad but my car is slammed , and it's cheap i never expected anything smooth or luxurious so yea , it's faster than most others so i'm pretty decently happy with it. just turn the stereo up .

and on the neutral bit if you've got a manual it's wise since it will save you a throw out bearing or two , especially if ya have a racing clutch like I do .
throwout bearings do not like when you hold in the clutch constantly (like at a red light)...then you get that nice grinding noise while driving down the road :eek:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Cravin said:
Take off the ground wires and go to a different dealer, then put them back on after they fix it under warranty. That might work. :)
That's what I was thinking and as soon as I'm done with the bought of pneumonia I'll do just that!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.