Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plugged a tire inflator into my lighter outlet and it stopped working. I thought I blew the fuse but I pulled what I think is the correct 15A fuse under the console marked CIG and it tests OK. Did I fry a wire? What’s the point of a fuse if the firing melts before it blows? What else should I check?

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,196 Posts
I plugged a tire inflator into my lighter outlet, and it stopped working. ... What else should I check?
The 2004 to 2006 xB's cigarette lighter fifteen ampere fuse is marked ACC (Accessories) on the fuse panel. Confirm the integrity of that fuse. The power wire to the lighter socket is black with a white stripe and the ground wire is white with a black stripe. I do not know about newer model years for the xB.

Unclear antecedent, did the air compressor operate momentarily and then discontinue; or did the lighter outlet appear to not provide power? Not probable a wire was damaged. Also not likely, but possible the receptacle's twelve-volt supply wire or the negative wire was dislodged. Any other device available to plug in and try the outlet? Does the air compressor have its own fuse or circuit reset? Does the compressor work in another vehicle's power outlet?

My apologies if you have already tried these checks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 2004 to 2006 xB's cigarette lighter fifteen ampere fuse is marked ACC (Accessories) on the fuse panel. Confirm the integrity of that fuse. The power wire to the lighter socket is black with a white stripe and the ground wire is white with a black stripe. I do not know about newer model years for the xB.

Unclear antecedent, did the air compressor operate momentarily and then discontinue; or did the lighter outlet appear to not provide power? Not probable a wire was damaged. Also not likely, but possible the receptacle's twelve-volt supply wire or the negative wire was dislodged. Any other device available to plug in and try the outlet? Does the air compressor have its own fuse or circuit reset? Does the compressor work in another vehicle's power outlet?

My apologies if you have already tried these checks.
The compressor ran for 20-30 seconds. The outlet doesn’t work with anything now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts