Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Thatdapper
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all so I recently viewed the picture of the us marines lifted scion xb gen 2 (attached below) and was wondering how to go about lifting the xb 1.5-2.5 inches in the most efficient cost friendly way. First I was thinking 2 inch spacers with 17x9 and 245/70/17 but this raises the concern if I should get or would need new shocks and springs and/or other parts? If I was to not do spacers how would I lift it, what other car packages would work on the XB?

Any help would be most appreciated.

·
Thatdapper
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rav4 suspension components.... struts in front and springs in back.
The rav 4 suspension components will work with the xb? Will any modification have to be done to the car to have it fit?

---------- Post added 03-13-2016 at 04:06 AM ----------

Also what year rav 4 or will any year work?

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,492 Posts
The most cost effective way to raise the xB would be to contact Randode West on FB and order his xB lift kit. If I remember correctly it is a 2" lift front and rear. Spring spacer in the rear and strut top hat spacer in the front.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been doing some research on this for about the last week. After I compare some parts in person I'll post some links and pictures to parts to get the lift we're looking for.

---------- Post added 03-15-2016 at 07:57 PM ----------

The rav 4 suspension components will work with the xb? Will any modification have to be done to the car to have it fit?

---------- Post added 03-13-2016 at 04:06 AM ----------

Also what year rav 4 or will any year work?
Looks like the 05 Rav4 is the closest.

·
Thatdapper
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been doing some research on this for about the last week. After I compare some parts in person I'll post some links and pictures to parts to get the lift we're looking for.

---------- Post added 03-15-2016 at 07:57 PM ----------

Looks like the 05 Rav4 is the closest.
Looks like we just became friends haha. I have also been researching this topic so far all I know is randodes lift and rav 4 suspension but definitely need to keep talking. Great to hear someone else is thinking about this. Also thanks any info you have would be great

·
Registered
15 Posts
Awesome thread, I recently lifted my gen 1 and am trying to convince the wifey to do her gen 2. The gen 1 used universal 2.5" spacers like the above kit, and new springs in the rear. not an approximate measurement, but with tires it gives some nice clearance. Good luck and post your work!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Awesome thread, I recently lifted my gen 1 and am trying to convince the wifey to do her gen 2. The gen 1 used universal 2.5" spacers like the above kit, and new springs in the rear. not an approximate measurement, but with tires it gives some nice clearance. Good luck and post your work!
How much bigger did you go on the tire over the stock? Do you have any rubbing issues?

·
Thatdapper
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I ordered these today.

2005 2015 Toyota Tacoma FJ Cruiser Black 3" Front Leveling Lift Kit 4WD 2WD | eBay

They are going to need some modification to get them to fit but they should work.

I'll post pictures of the work when they get in.
I wanted to buy Randodes kit but I want to see what it looks like first plus its bout 250$ so also looking for options

·
Registered
8 Posts
I reached out to him but the $250 price tag is a bit much for me right now. Maybe I'll get a drill press and some aluminum and fab my own spacers....hmmmm... that might not be a bad idea....

---------- Post added 03-16-2016 at 09:05 PM ----------

I reached out to him but the $250 price tag is a bit much for me right now. Maybe I'll get a drill press and some aluminum and fab my own spacers....hmmmm... that might not be a bad idea....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried installing the spacers and between my bad back and the lack of mechanical knowledge I had to hold off. When my back feels better and I watch a few more YouTube videos I'll get back to it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts