Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Mannuel, I'm from La Puente ca (think LA... Unless you're from socal). I have a 06.5 scion xB with a 2 inch lift. Since I got is a a week ago, I've been doing little things here and there with my son. I'm new to the modification world, heck to anything other than an oil change. So I'm all ears when it comes to advise or how to's.

This is how I got her.

My brother went all out cleaning her up. He also did the tune up, air filter, and oil.

My son and I removed the side skirts and lips, added a bug guard, 12in mirror, cabin filter, some extra led dash lights, and a comical windshield wiper delete. (I've already had more than one talk about the direction of the arrow, new answer to that is: it's a joke.

My goal are budget friendly new head/tail lights, maybe rattle can the rims matt black, some logo swapping, Toyota grill emblem, and eventually roof rack and basket.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
(saw someone else use this as their maintenance log.)
Noticed my driver side window is failing. Added a trd badge on the grill. Replaced the cabin filter.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Busy day. My son and I installed a trd on the hatch, a rear bumper guard, and painted the front scion and rear xB emblem black.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also used some u shaped door protector liner thing to clean up the rear lip area like I did in the front.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
912 Posts
Lots of great effort, and a unique style. I imagine having your sons involved makes the work more fun, and is valuable experience for them. Looks like one of them is old enough to be driving the xB in a couple of years.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lots of great effort, and a unique style. I imagine having your sons involved makes the work more fun, and is valuable experience for them. Looks like one of them is old enough to be driving the xB in a couple of years.
Thank you, it's been awesome working with my kids on this box. 50 bucks on a video game or fog lights? This is the first car I've ever worked on (other than basic maintenance). Best investment ever (in time and money)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Today my boy and I installed fog lights.

It took a lot more effort than expected.

But at the end of a 2 hour install we got it the first time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts