Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my wife's new xB this past Friday and before we installed the front license plate, the salesman asked if I really wanted to mount it in the front bumper location? (Basically he's into modding cars and suggested that I not ruin this brand new bumper by poking holes in it)

After minutes of deliberation I said, hey I've seen pics of xB's with the plates moved. Now, does anyone sell these relocation kits/brackets or are all these people DIY?

Note: I'm live in Toronto, Canada but am in SoCal this week!!!! Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. This site makes getting our xB alot more fun!!!

:)

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I made my own for the wife green envy, i picked up a license plate frame at oreily's and got some 3 inch long carriage bolts with nuts and big washers, the washers and nuts go on both sides of the honey comb grill, no holes need to be drilled.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The dealership did'nt punch holes in my bumper for the front plate either. So I decided how long I could get away with no front plate at all. So since I've purchased my new camo green 2006 XB i've driven past numerous state, city, county police in plain site. And they can't miss not seeing the missing front plate.And just seem not to care anyway. So a word to the wise. Stick the plate in the back and don't waste your money on dorky front plate re-locaters and leave the plate off and just act dumb if you get pulled over if ever:D

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
We had our green machine 2 weeks, and the wife got pulled over for no plate, the temp plate was in the back window, then the cop aske dwhat kind of car it was. Then once we got the plates, I put the back plate on but didnt have time to do teh front plate, so I put it onthe dash and he she got stopped again, he said it had to be mounted. So I mounted it. No ticket was written.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've had my box since December of this year. The dealer didn't put the bracket on and I have yet to be pulled over for no plate. I drive 2 hours one way every weekend to see my girlfriend and sometimes during the week. I guess its just good luck on my part!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.