Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok the license plate is really vibrating bad. Do those dynomat things really work for that???
im not to worried about the wipper!
i also only put to screws in and im not back to put another 2 screws in to put down the license plate cover!! should i take the cover off?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Use a couple of strips of 3M foam tape and leave the backing on. Apply the tape to the body behind and close to the edge of the plate. This will keep the plate from resting on the body and you won't have to use any more than just the two original screws.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
hcsif said:
problem solved with a little of that tape and no more!!!!
THANKS
Cool! The other solution I used was to point the two ten inch subs up rather than at the rear hatch. I've since built a custom box so it was no longer an issue. Glad the tape worked out for you.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I have a cheaper way to fix it. go to your kitchen and get apaper towel. now fold the paper towel to a really small square. maybe 3 inches square. now put it between the plate and hatch. what did that cost you? hopefully nothing and you don't even have to leave your driveway.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
JDMJim said:
I have a cheaper way to fix it. go to your kitchen and get apaper towel. now fold the paper towel to a really small square. maybe 3 inches square. now put it between the plate and hatch. what did that cost you? hopefully nothing and you don't even have to leave your driveway.
:eek: LOL...... I wash my box way too much for that to work. I'd go through alot of paper towel..:D The 3M tape is prolly the best idea. Ya think?

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
hcsif said:
it was the best idea it worked great!!! i wash my box all the time 2
Nice thinking though JDMJim"stien" LOL... No offence to my Jewish friends here. I have two very close friends that are Jewish. In fact Jesus was a Jew and I'm christian. But I just couldn't resist:D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im jewish and it saved me a ton it only costed 3 dollars. did you have a rattling problem?

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Yep and fixed it the same way. Sorry about that my friend it was just to easy and hard to resist. I hope your not offended bro. Your right it is not only a great way to solve the problem but one of the least exspensive.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
JDMJIM Sorry

Mad_Sciontist said:
Nice thinking though JDMJim"stein" LOL... No offence to my Jewish friends here. I have two very close friends that are Jewish. In fact Jesus was a Jew and I'm christian. But I just couldn't resist:D
Hey bro sorry for my comments on the lic plate rattle thread. Your idea is a good temporary fix. I was just being stupid. Not a rare thing for me though. :D Sometimes I let my humor override my brain. Everyone's idea's are of value here. Please don't be offended.

·
Registered
178 Posts
just go buy a dynaplate ihave one works nice my system snapped the plastic bolds to so i replaced those too

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
hcsif said:
any pictures of your custom box?
Old custom box:

Just noticed I don't have any pics of my new box...

without stuff on it:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.