Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys thought you might like to see my new window, it was done out of need, not want, short story is car got hit, bent hatch broke glass, i didnt have the cash for hatch and window, and a new window wouldnt sit on my bent hatch, so M1 development (makes the harness bars) one offed this for me what you think? tomorrow im painting the inside trim of it,, and sealing it

brent

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
interesting. probably look better once it's painted. kinda sucks that you had to drill into your hatch. also if a car hit you shouldn't they be paying for the reapair, not you?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hatch was screwed anyway, and im gonna get a cf one in a few weeks, its just a temp thing. the accident was a 50 50 thing, i just got all the damage, both of us at fault

brent

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
You need to figure out how to get the window to open like a hatch.....that would be one badass mod...........

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Nice temp fix! A whole lot better than the usual duct tape and flapping vinyl sheet. :)

When you go to the CF, try to take some pics as-it's-happening for us, OK? :)

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
hard to have the window pop open like a hatch if a wiper is on it. and without seriously reducing the size of the rear window the 4runner mod will also be very hard to do. the pop out window wouldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i park on the street in the lbc dont really trust tape to protect my car, not that its nice, but i feel better knowing you cant just peel off my window. anyone know how much the glass costs to replace???? or anyone have a stock one.....i heard rumor of someone swithching over to jdm clear glass.....maybe they still have it

brent

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
hey brent, i just had an "aftermarket" glass installed w/ the defroster on my bB CF Hatch for $285.00 installed, and they came to my pad to git da job done. they were done in 10 - 15 min.

if ya need da bB clear glass for da rear, or all da way around, i know of a vendor who gits them. they may have one set in stock? i gotta give them a call to make sure if ya need one. lemme know.

if ya need da glass install, PM me, and i'll give ya da #.

hope dat wurks. :)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
yep theres someone on here in fact that has the JDM bB NCP30 clear windows.

Pumpkin Box. aka Windowtint aka Jay

One of the xBs I hold in highest regards in my book. Id shoot him a PM for price, but I know it was insanely expensive. Plus, if you figure you break another window, gotta plan in the time to get a new one from Japan to match!!! You could do it if you REALLY wanted, but I would suggest getting a glass installed like Eric did and have them do that shiz.

Scotty

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
and thundergod, shoot me a PM bout that vendor. Id be interested to see how much theyre selling for. thanks man!

scotty

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
do you know anyone else runnin it Darren? Sean perhaps? not exactly a show stopping mod, but id sure as shootin love to get it. (even though its so ridiculously priced)

scotty

·
bB Squad
4,152 Posts
theres a yellow xB from SE that has bB clear windows...
i think it was around $800 for the windows plus installation... something like that...

its something i am considering aswell... if the price is right..

Thundergod if ya know who has a set please let me know aswell or direct me to them.. thanks!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
wow 800? that seems way cheap compared to what Jay paid i believe. id be very much down for it probably if i could get it then. small price to pay for being the only one in the state (or region). haha. damn Nebraska

scotty

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
all righty guys, i will git da price tomorrow. i will need to talk to them, since they only speak japanese, so hold on guys and i'll git da low down.

just to let ya know, i have no financial interest with either business', i've only dealt with them as a client basis, but i can always give a good word about my brudahs here on CLUB xB.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.