Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can i see some pictures of tinted xb's ? I heard its illegal to tint your front side windows but i see cars on the street with it tinted anyways.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i dont hink wfront window tints are illegal in any state except cali its the % of tint u get that is illegal in maryland where im at its legal to have 35% tint in front anything else is illegal

·
Registered
839 Posts
The local police officcers dont really care much for it unless they are trying to find things wrong with your car. Normally what happans is if you get pulled over you get a fix it ticket. All you have to do is get the tint removed and get it signed off and your set. Depends on your local and state laws though so double check i know in california they are a little more strict on stuff.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Window Tint Scion XB

I know in California you can tint all of your windows or even paint them besides your driver passenger and front windshield. Personally on my box I have the entire box limo tinted in california with 0 problems with it. I also have two show trucks with full custom graphics in the tint with 0 issues with those trucks.

Check out this company does the most insane work around and also does mail order.

http://www.houseoftints.com

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
According to 26708.5 VC, in layman's terms, you cannot have tinted windows, unless they are behind the driver. You can then only have it if you have both sideview mirrors.

[IMG2]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/886motorwerx/c6b37854.jpg[/IMG2]

I am also a Police Offcier in Oakland, CA (for those who don't already know me.).

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
You know Brad, this is the first time I ever read that you were a policeman. No worries for me, I never do anything but post, right Ernie?! :D :D

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
dtrain619 said:
You know Brad, this is the first time I ever read that you were a policeman. No worries for me, I never do anything but post, right Ernie?! :D :D
Yep, since 1993. :eek:

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
mybadbox said:
Well if you need to make your ticket quota call me I have the lowdown on dion :D J/K
I don't have a quota, plus, I don't treat my fellow SE brothers, or Scion owners like that anyway. Regardless of what some might say about me.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
MAN! I'm having one HELL of a time finding pics of my clubmates' cars with the windows UP!

Here's what I've come up with for now:
Cisco's in front of the line there:

Greg's

I'll look for more if I can find them.

-Alex

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
squirrel said:
I don't have a quota, plus, I don't treat my fellow SE brothers, or Scion owners like that anyway. Regardless of what some might say about me.
See Ernie? :p I'm just a mild-mannered homebody. I want to get some tint, not too dark though. Any tips about the reflective stuff anyone?

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
dtrain619 said:
See Ernie? :p I'm just a mild-mannered homebody. I want to get some tint, not too dark though. Any tips about the reflective stuff anyone?
The reflective and color transparent stuff is just asking for a ticket from most Police Officers. I usually let the gray stuff slide unless I need to pull the car over and rip a cite, but I cannot stand that colored or reflective stuff.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
squirrel said:
The reflective and color transparent stuff is just asking for a ticket from most Police Officers. I usually let the gray stuff slide unless I need to pull the car over and rip a cite, but I cannot stand that colored or reflective stuff.
Note taken. That being said, what percentage would you suggest? I know I want something lighter on the front, but since the rear windows already have tint from the factory, what about those? I want to retain most of my visibility since this is my daily driver. ( Need to see those non-driving SD peeps! :mad: )

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
AirecK said:
..hmmm how about no tint at all and going clear?
Aireck, Not that's true JDM right there.

Dion, I'm not sure what percentage the factory tint is. Its definitely close to 35% though. I have 5% over the factory tint in the rear windows and 20% on the front two driver/passenger windows.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
squirrel said:
Aireck, Not that's true JDM right there.

Dion, I'm not sure what percentage the factory tint is. Its definitely close to 35% though. I have 5% over the factory tint in the rear windows and 20% on the front two driver/passenger windows.
Any hassles? Since you're in law enforcement, I'm following your guidelines, seems like the best way to go.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In Missouri, it is 40% and I got my windows(passenger front and driver's) tinted to that and a strip across the top of the windshield 35%. The front side windows match the factory tint on the back and side windows on the back of the car. The place that did the tinting had a copy of MO law on this issue on the wall.

When I am driving and I roll down my driver's window on a sunny day I can definitely feel the burn after a few minutes. I have two German shepherds with me most of the time and I like them to keep cool too.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
dtrain619 said:
Any hassles? Since you're in law enforcement, I'm following your guidelines, seems like the best way to go.
I've been stopped about four times for my tint. Two of the times were by Officers I know that didn't know what I drove.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
squirrel said:
I've been stopped about four times for my tint. Two of the times were by Officers I know that didn't know what I drove.
:eek: That had to be hilarious! :D So, did they give you a warning, or was it all good since you're one of the boys?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.