Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay - like the title says, let's see those dask kits - carbon, stainless, wood grain, etc... I've seen two sweet pics - one is toyxbox's interior and the other is on a dash kit site, both are cherry wood. nice, but does anyone have pics of a different wood grain?

I'm thinking about a wood grain, but it may not go w/ the circuit style outside.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
It's hard to get wood grain to look right in our cars. I tried some vinyl that was about the color of the wood grain I was gonna use. It didn't look right. Maybe the seats have to be redone in a brown or tan color. But I didn't like it. SO I went with what turned out to look like flowers. I just didn't want silver accents on my dash anymore. And no, it wasn't supposed to be flowers, but I kinda like how it turned out.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Not a kit, but can be done at a bodyshop.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
heres my dash kit. i love it. it's made of the same stuff that the appliques on the outside are made of so it won't fade. they have 3 sets. i got the biggest one and it even goes over the rear doors too. they have a ton of metals and woods(like your looking for) along with colors like i have. heres the link.
http://www.veneerz.com/shop.php?sho...on&PHPSESSID=604304d2800520b67d9f1ad9ea316292

hope this helps you out!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yellow_sub (james), thanks. Veneerz has one of the most complete kits I've seen. I'm glad to see you like it and the color looks pretty close to the exterior.:D

how you like the camber? I'm going w/ some next week. actually, how are all your mods going - hatch, FFF, etc? please don't get a Noblesse kit before me - I can't take mods like that w/o me being able to participate.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
just speaking of camber, I ruined a set of tires in 5000 miles. so, camber is cool for show. entire inner tread and part of the side wall is gone

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JDMJim said:
just speaking of camber, I ruined a set of tires in 5000 miles. so, camber is cool for show. entire inner tread and part of the side wall is gone
thread jacker :p

did you get the toe checked/ adjusted by a pro? I'm about to thow down on some camber, and I've heard both wear and no wear - so I figured I hit the alignment rack.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
peterbilt said:
yellow_sub (james), thanks. Veneerz has one of the most complete kits I've seen. I'm glad to see you like it and the color looks pretty close to the exterior.:D

how you like the camber? I'm going w/ some next week. actually, how are all your mods going - hatch, FFF, etc? please don't get a Noblesse kit before me - I can't take mods like that w/o me being able to participate.
the mods are comming along slowly. i got a diff kit cause sean(jdmpalace) now runs that kit and trying to compete with his car especailly with the same kit is impossible. i got the jp vizage kit. sitting in my garage as we speak. right next to the FFF and grill. it'll be a while til i get it all on cause i'm goin air first. probably add the chargespeed tail light covers too to get painted. the hatch is on and glass now installed. the camber is doin ok. deff more wear on the inside than the out side. but i will get more that 5000 out of the tires. if you need some more pics of the kit on the doors or have any other ?'s just let me know.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Just a cheap $30 ebay kit but looks really nice (smooth and glossy) in person. A lot of people who know nothing about the car actually thought it came like that.

·
Registered
67 Posts
JDMJim said:
It's hard to get wood grain to look right in our cars. I tried some vinyl that was about the color of the wood grain I was gonna use. It didn't look right. Maybe the seats have to be redone in a brown or tan color. But I didn't like it. SO I went with what turned out to look like flowers. I just didn't want silver accents on my dash anymore. And no, it wasn't supposed to be flowers, but I kinda like how it turned out.
it's definitely harder to pull off the right wood grain look with our grayish tone interior. the silver painted accents are easy to paint over and cover up but the rest require some extensive work and $$$ to get the dyed, painted or replaced. a normal black interior would be 10x easier to pull off. i'm suprised you haven't gone with a japanese branded dash kit or was that one?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
No, I painted my dash pieces. Done by hand. I looked and looked. maybe I'll change it up later to a wood grain kit. may be a couple years tho.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.