Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, after talking with a very knowledgable member of this board about my future show appearances, Ive decided Im going to need a battleboard. What size do you have (Ive seen really big, all the way down to letter size) and what do you all have on yours? Pics would be best so I can get some ideas! :) Any help and tips you can give me would be awesome!

Thanks
Scotty

PS, As a mod, I promised I searched but couldnt get any hits. If theres another one of these threads, feel free to post up. (but I may ban you for making me look dumb :p ) lol

·
Registered
974 Posts
When you are talking battle boards are you talking a sign with the mods on a car for a display?

If so, we should talk Scotty.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have been to Many MANY car shows. I have never seen anyone doing battle with boards. Man, that would be wild. Just walking up and whacking a guy!!!!!!

Good Times!!!!

Rock

·
Registered
873 Posts
here's my battle board. LOL. got a bunch of all my old school buddies circa 1985 - 1988. we battle for style. LOL. last window panel.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
i know i am slow at this, but whats a battleboard?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea basically a mod list on a board of somesort, showing off what you have in a neat fashion. Dwest I know makes them or did at least:

Ive seen them smaller too of course.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
i know i am slow at this, but whats a battleboard?
That is what people who don't have confidence in their modifications do when they are trying to get extra points from the judges. :)

Personally, I let my modifications stand on their own. If a judge isn't knowlegeable to understand what he is looking at, the trophy wouldn't mean much to me anyway.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I was going to start making some of these, I picked up a vinly cutter. I always wondered why I never saw these at Scion shows, but have at shows I went to in the past. I think mine is about 18 x 36 or so.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I dont need a board . I Just tell the judge hey take it for a spin get in jump around have fun. Its an ice braker then they ask so whats been done to it .
On with the show and tell .

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rton20s, I wish it were that easy to let the mods speak for themselves. It must be good living in a part of the country where people notice certain names. I have to spell them out to them. How many would notice my AWD bB rear lip? How many would notice that the front lip is a one off custom? Do they know Euroline is made by Work? Maybe its just me, but Ill advertise my thousands worth of mods no problems, in hopes I can get SOME recognition.

Im gonna have to figure out something for this coming up. World of Wheels isnt too far away for me, and I need to get mods done and the board ready.

Scotty

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I personally like walking up to the cars in shows with these boards because then I know what stuff to look for. I would imagine it's a good idea if you have hard to find parts or one-offs.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I don't have one yet but I do think they're a good idea. Not so much for the judges since I make my best effort to always talk to them and explain what I've done to the Box but just for appearance. I always enjoy seeing what peeps have done to their rides and it allows me to look for something I might have otherwise missed.

·
Registered
873 Posts
now that I understand the meaning of battle boards, I would like to read an input from Mike Ma, and/ or Dave Moulton.

and then this whole thread will be just their mods. LOL. its like reading a book with their mods.:p

·
Registered
873 Posts
well we made these for shows as we try to be uniformed at shows. it's smaller but we don't spend an arm and a leg continuously updating boards with vinyl.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.