Scion xB Forum banner

281 - 291 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Can you guys let me know where to find those long VIP Mirrors i bought one same size i have in my IS but its not long enough.....

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,460 Posts
The custom yellow rings on the air vent, I want to change mine as well. Do they just pop off easily with a screw driver?
Yes, and no. All of them are screwed on from the back. The two on either side of the radio and the one on the driver's side are easy to get to. The panels they are mounted to just pull right off the car. The one on the passenger side is a bit more involved, as it is mounted to the main dash panel. There are two ways to get to it. Both involve removing all the dash screws under the radio trim and the instrument cover trim, both of which you will have already removed to get to the other AC vents. There is also a 10 mm bolt that holds the dash and air bag to the frame for the dash that is accessible from the glove box opening once you pull the glove box out. From here is where the two methods differ. Many people just lift and pull the dash up just enough to get to the screws with a stubby phillips head screwdriver. The other method, which I do, is to continue with removing the a-pillars and disconnecting the airbag plug that is above the glove box. Once this is done the whole top of the dash can be lifted up and slid back out of the car. Your choice on which method to use.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,460 Posts
Hey thanks! I think i'll just paint them lol. Any particular paint you recommend, never did a mod before...
I've used Krylon Fusion spray paint on interior plastics and it's worked quite well. It all comes down to prepping the surface properly. I would recommend removing them no matter what you plan on doing to them as you really want full access to them, especially if painting.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Frost sell some great alternatives to the now obsolete Vinylkote brand on their website, they're international and willing to post out to anywhere on the planet. People who stay at the Antarctic needn't bother though, the product needs an ambient temperature of at least 15 degrees C / 59 F or it doesn't take.

https://www.frost.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=vinyl paint

I refreshed the door cards of my '50s Morris Isis using that stuff and can recommend it as an option to consider as the finish now looks as good as it did when I did the work around 16 years since.

281 - 291 of 291 Posts