jpfxB
4,139 Posts
Damn.. I bet you guys with this elaborate interior don't have kids.. lol
Why is that? I have two in my daily

<3 a Skyon

·
Crunchy PB on my TOAST!!!
66 Posts
its a pain in the ass man. really. ive done it like 3 times now. youve got to remove the forward A pillars, upper and lower B and C pillars, 4 grab handles, both sun visors, and both dome lights, and to get the rear C pillars the whole back seat needs to come out.
To save ya some of that work... Having just taken out my whole interior in the past few days, I think u could get the headliner out easier. I agree with the dome light/s, sun visors, and front and mid A pillars. The rear panels that go around the windows should be able to come out without pulling the whole rear seat. Just pop loose the top of the panels that go over the rear wheelwells and the trunk area. The tabs on those panels are what lock into the upper panels. So, just getting those lower tabs loose should give you all the room you need. Of course... this is on a Gen 1. I dont know about the Gen 2 yet. I'll do my wife's 2 after I get my 1 done.

·
Registered
77 Posts
looks familiar
how come you didnt follow the two tone line down the center plate and back up and around?
I was just doing the plated parts. I like the style of mine. Plus you can't see it but it's a black base with gold pearl so it really shines whenever the sun hits it.

Speaking of lighting, are your interiors grounded off your dome light? My wiring is different for some reason in the box and I can't find a constant 12v pos and the ground for the dome.

·
Lightin' up da streetz
943 Posts
my black has white pearl in it. its black sand pearl same as exterior... pics never do pearl justice. and as for my lighting, its all hooked to its own dedicated fuze box with its own constant 12v source. thats what all those switches in my mirror control pannel are for. im not a fan of tapping extra load into to existing circuits.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Understood. You think I should go the same route and do the interior LEDs on it's own fuse? If so got any advice on how I could pull this off? Never jacked with installs before. The only thing I'm good at is soldering LED's to the gauges (doing that this weekend).

·
Registered
182 Posts
here few pics of my interior slightly modded, suede headliner, no visors, no handles, smoothed, primed, painted, hydro dipped and cleared a,b,c pillars, dash pieces, door trim, gas cap, engine cover, fuse box, lower pillars, doors and console in hot lava

just took this audio setup out for my air setup

sanding and priming pic

261 - 280 of 291 Posts