Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to get these: http://autolumination.com/74.htm

Go to the bottom of the page, there is a set that has a 12" long lead and is a 12 volt light.
What I'm wanting to do is put a switch on the hood, like a door switch that activates the dome light. So when I open the hood a light will come on, but I'm making a little something, something to light up with LED's. How do I wire it? Hot to switch, switch to LEDs? Sorry for such a stupid question, just wasn't sure if I had to wire it to something else, or if there is a better way. Is there a fusable link? Do I put in another fusebox for other future installs? Please help, have parts on the way and not to sure how I want to go about installing it.

THANKS

·
Registered
869 Posts
i would run the ground straight to the battery from the light.....then run a positive wire from the battery to the switch or a fuse first just to be safe...then from the switch to the light.....i hope this helps and make sense....lol :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
It might be easier to run the positive from the battery to the led and then put the switch on the ground. Most vehicles nowadays have the switch on the ground side. Either way will work BUT put a fuse inline some where

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Skeeter, thats what I ended up doing. I talked to a service guy at the Scion dealership. He told he to hook up to the cigerette lighter fuse hot side to the L.E.D.'s and then ground to a switch. So I ended up getting a courtesy light switch, like what is on the drivers side door for the dome light. Waiting on some parts getting made to put everything together!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.