Scion xB Forum banner

Led Illumination

4K views 64 replies 13 participants last post by  hella_blunt 
#1 ·
it took me a while to realize how dark it is inside the car at night.
& i was thinking about getting red lights to match the paint of my car.
but i dont know if "red" is gonna be bright enough inside.
i know blue is pretty bright cause i seen a gti with them. but red?

hollaaaa.

#5 ·
I've got red cathodes under my dash and under my seats. Along with 2 red led's in each of the OS handles, and I personally think it's a nice touch. It's bright enough for me, and I've yet to be pulled over by a cop for it, which is what I was definately afraid of. The only thing I'm kicking myself for not doing, is adding some sort of light in the trunk, which is probably next.

I wish I had pictures of this, but unfortunately, my camera does not capture the red light well at all, and the pictures look awful.

#6 ·
yes, the grocery light is a must now.

now that i think of it. the only light i have
is a bright ass blue light from my security thingy.
& its only when the car is armed. =[

thats it iim on a mission..
where do i get bright ass lights? red preferably.

#9 ·
Has Anyone Thought Of Using Anything From Varad? I Have Their Susension/wheel Kit And It Looks Bright At Night, At Least For Me It Is, Varad Has Some Cool Stuff!!! There Is Another Like I Found On Ebay That Has Some Bright Cool Stuff, Hit Me Up Later And I Will Get That Link/info For You !

#14 ·
oh ya sorry... didnt know who you were talking to for a minute there... its raining right now and i have no garage(i hate the dorms!!) when it stops ill go get you those pictures!!... oh my gawd!! someone is asking me how i did something!! instead of the other way around... *dies of shock*

#15 ·
I have the Varad LEDs in my vents. They're very nice, and super bright.

I recommend anything from Varad, I've never heard bad about them, or their customer service.

#18 ·
I took out my factory dome light put a 10" drop down their. Took the dome light put it up between the driver and passenger seat. Got another one from ebay not a exact match still looking for that, but I put that one in the very back hooked. Both lights are hooked together so they both fade out, come on when the door is open etc. Worked out great just had to do a lil cuttin on the headliner but well worth it. Also have LED's under seats, grab handles, and the lower shift boot.

#20 · (Edited)
Alright here are the pictures i promised these are all pictures of the left inner vent. i actually just drilled a hole in the vents with a dremil (i dont know how to spell it sorry) about the size of the led im using so depending on what your using please change accordingly. what i had to do was basicly take of the center console and remove the cd player to get to the vent... after that it was really easy to just drill a hole and fit the led part-way threw it. i then ran the wire down around the cd player around where the center console fits and behind the little cubbyhole and fed it threw and behind as you can see in the 4th picture. oh and im using the led kit that i got from Scionpro. it has like 7 different colors and 4 different patterns including a sound interface pattern. if you have anymore questions please let me know!!

Attachments

#21 · (Edited)
my boyfriend got my lights installed earlier today.
they arent led's i ended up having ccfl's.

i looks extremely bright in this picture.
but its really not THAT bright.

ps. where do you guys have your lights installed in the back seat area?

#23 ·
mines ziptied to the the area right underneath the cushion.
it looks weird. if you sit in the fornt & look back you get blinded by the light.

HAHAHA. but im already blind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.