Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody illuminated their xb's door handle on the inside like the BB before??? if so what whoud be a good led bulb to use???

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
high dan

did my o **** handels w/these they are easy just drill hole size of bezel push bezel in hole then snap led if from back into two locking prongs already comes w/resistor so no fuse needed just wire them pos to pos bout 3.00 each in 5 or six colors they have long leads makes them easy

buy them here
http://www.autolumination.com/
click on 37/74 gauge and instrument lights, then go to very bottom of page

finished product

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Sorry, I’m confused.

Do you mean on the outside of the car or inside?

If inside do you mean the actual handle you grab to open the door, the little box below by the window controls, or the “oh [email protected]” handles in the header? I’ve seen ‘em all lit on a box somewhere or other, and have a number of them on my own box.

On interior I’ve used the LEDs sdsnybny has with great results. I bought mine at Pepboys as a 3 pack made by Pilot for about $7. I could post a ‘pic if you want. On exterior you’ll probably want a 3” flex strip. I’ve seen ‘em around on line, but forget exactly where. As for tape, I hear everyone saying that the red stuff by 3M is the bomb.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im not telling!:p i want to be the first!....lol i'll have pics to suprise you guy's.......look at the inside door pannel of a toyota BB not the door latch you open the door with....but the handle you use to close the door once you are inside the box

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what im talking about is a option....on the japan BB.....i cant belive no one has noticed or done this......OH **** I NEED TO ORDER THE LED'S before somone does this...lol;)

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
not quite

those are glass incandesent bulbs wired the same w/out resistor look at link above and pics you can see the resistor under shrink tube:D the little bulge on red pos wire
http://autolumination.com/74.htm
bottom of this page click color click buy then how many then continue shopping or checkout
good luck

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SID....you should have put the light right behind the door latch then it would almost back light the whole handle area.....Just me;)

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
cuz

w/out it would fry led dont know the tech why ask lisjemnet or skeeter :D

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
are you gonna copy my idea:mad: ......its ok i have a patend: TM 2006 polarproject lighting inc. all rights reserved........witch means you cant do it.....:D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.