Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
happy holidays to all

listen people i am looking for the best shop that can install lambo doors on my xb, but i want the one's that go up a little higher, due to the fact that i am big person and dont want that regular set up where it's about 90degree or something like that, so if anyone knows any good shops, good prices, and the quickest install let me know

peace to all:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,418 Posts
Nooooooooo lambo doors are for mmmmm a lambo . And are a dime a doz.
check autobacs they have them .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
546 Posts
from personal experience dont get them...lambo doors are way played out now and I wish I never got them...they only kit that I have seen is the 90 degree kit from vertical doors...thats the biggest opening I have seen for the xb's I have i think its like a 60 degree kit from jtautostyles.com but i would recomend you think about it again...because i hate my lambo doors and would like to go back to the regular doors now...
 

·
Tha KrackaBox
Joined
·
328 Posts
I say go for it! :) I've never seen lambo doors anywhere.. just at carshows.

Oh yea.. BigWill184 I'll take your door hinges off your hands... if ya wanna make me a special Christmas offer or something? lol I'll buy em off your hands! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i see that everyone is pretty much against them or says not to get them, but why? what problems will i incure(have) if i get them? are they just not worth it in the long run? i figure i get all the opinions and what not here before i actually go and do it

and once again, thanks for everyones input, seriously thanks!!!:cool: :D :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
546 Posts
hookupman said:
ok i see that everyone is pretty much against them or says not to get them, but why? what problems will i incure(have) if i get them? are they just not worth it in the long run? i figure i get all the opinions and what not here before i actually go and do it

and once again, thanks for everyones input, seriously thanks!!!:cool: :D :cool:
you loose your sidemarker...you have to shave off the complete inner fender which makes it alot weaker then it already is...your gas shocks can blow at any given time causing the door to slam to the bottom...a pain in the ass to have to put up the doors to get out all the time...your fenders will get messed up...and eventually you will be writing post like this once you have had them for a while... but all in all get what you like its your xb and you should do what you like with it...
 

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
Joined
·
3,453 Posts
I suggest you take into consideration where you live. If you live in a place where everyone and their grandmother has the lambo doors on their cars, then I suggest going a different route - perhaps a sliding door?

If you live in a place.....Say....The Mid-West where lambo doors are still kind of an untapped market......Then get them.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,923 Posts
I bet they're a lot of fun when it's raining and you have to get in and out in the open. I dug the look when they first hit the scene but I'm glad I didn't get them. I've gotten in and out of a couple of Boxes with Lambo doors and I can tell you the only person who would benefit from me having them is my chiropractor! :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well it census says that lambos not too pratical at least not for now that is

ok what about suicide doors for the rear?

oh yeah i was thinking of getting air bags
what is the census on that?:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,923 Posts
hookupman said:
well it census says that lambos not too pratical at least not for now that is

ok what about suicide doors for the rear?

oh yeah i was thinking of getting air bags
what is the census on that?:cool:
Air bags: yes
Suicide doors: a lot of money...a lot of money!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
surfcitylocal said:
I bet they're a lot of fun when it's raining and you have to get in and out in the open. I dug the look when they first hit the scene but I'm glad I didn't get them. I've gotten in and out of a couple of Boxes with Lambo doors and I can tell you the only person who would benefit from me having them is my chiropractor! :eek:

so their a ***** on good ol' back then hu !

well i can at least put them off for now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
surfcitylocal said:
You gotta twist in and out...try before you buy. ;)
there is a guy in our club that has some but since i am a big guy i had a hard time just getting half way in, but i was a show where a member of san diego chapter has some but they went up even further, i dont remember him not having his side marker, not that it matters

well the whole lamber door thing was a thought at least

what is your opinion on airbags ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,923 Posts
hookupman said:
there is a guy in our club that has some but since i am a big guy i had a hard time just getting half way in, but i was a show where a member of san diego chapter has some but they went up even further, i dont remember him not having his side marker, not that it matters

well the whole lamber door thing was a thought at least

what is your opinion on airbags ?

I've got 'em and I love 'em!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
surfcitylocal said:
I've got 'em and I love 'em!

how much did you pay for your set up and how long did it take?

what do you have? front & back, side to side, up & down?

i was just thinking of geting the basics but i wanted to get a custom switch box, maybe like something out of plexiglass or something, see through yellow to match my car, or something like that
what do you think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,923 Posts
hookupman said:
how much did you pay for your set up and how long did it take?

what do you have? front & back, side to side, up & down?

i was just thinking of geting the basics but i wanted to get a custom switch box, maybe like something out of plexiglass or something, see through yellow to match my car, or something like that
what do you think?
I got my parts from Universal Air Suspension in San Bernardino. www.universalairsuspension.com I have F/B/S/S, two comprressors with a five gallon tank. I have a chrome 7 button switch but they (UAS) offer plexiglass ones, remote ones and one that looks like a Playstation game controller.

I did the install myself so that saved me a 1,000 bucks.









 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
Air bags aren't a bad idea. There are a lot of options out there. If you do the install yourself you can probably get a nice FBSS system put together for well under $2000 shipped. Well under.

As for the Suicide Doors, unless you are a very good fabricator (I doubt it since you are asking the question) I would forget it. There is no easy bolt on kit for suicide doors. Even the typical kits they sell will have to be modified to work. Beyond that it will take some significant bracing in the body and door if you want to keep it from sagging over time. You can figure at leas as much to have your rear doors suicided as you will pay for parts for bags. Possibly more, depending on the shop.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top