Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
x2 da b
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which would be a beter set up to be daily driven on 19's. i can get the progress for like 660 or the ksports for like 800. i know the ksports have lot of features that the progress do not and they come with the rear shocks. i'm kind of leaning toward the progress to drop it and save some dough. i'm on s techs now but i want to tuck the tires.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I don't have either, but if/when I go coilover I want the Progress. They seem to be the better deal and not as stiff.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Yea theyre not as stiff, but sometimes you want that. Ive been a big fan of Progress and advocate, but at this point I almost want stiffer suspension in the back. Theyre a good coilover system, and I DO recommend them, but its all what you want in the end. Progress are cheaper and softer if thats what ya want. Theyll slam it hella low just like Ksport. It mainly comes down to the fact if you want to spend like 150 extra for stiffer springs?

scotty

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
I agree with Scotty...Im a big fan of Progress Coilovers..in fact that may be the next suspension application i go back too

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
^^^^riiiiiight..... :p

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
From the reviews and the concensus the peeps, I hear both are excellent CO's. I'd rock either one myself, but for me, the Ksports would be more beneficial because they are a more frills setup.

I think you'll be happy with either kit, honestly.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Yea theyre not as stiff, but sometimes you want that. Ive been a big fan of Progress and advocate, but at this point I almost want stiffer suspension in the back. Theyre a good coilover system, and I DO recommend them, but its all what you want in the end. Progress are cheaper and softer if thats what ya want. Theyll slam it hella low just like Ksport. It mainly comes down to the fact if you want to spend like 150 extra for stiffer springs?

scotty
Progress for the win. Like the box, you get a lot of product for the price. Looow drop, decent ride, excellent customer service, and if really needed progress will work with you to get you a stiffer spring for the rear. Even with that addition it still beats spending 1000+ for other high profile brands.

Throw some koni sports or similar adjustable shock in the rear and you're set.

·
x2 da b
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if i were to spend another 150-200for shocks, then i might as well go for the ksports since they come with the new shocks right. ok lets say this.

which ones would be a better ride on 19's the progress or the ksports?:confused: that is my biggest concern.

·
bB Squad
704 Posts
which ones would be a better ride on 19's the progress or the ksports?:confused: that is my biggest concern.
I guess this depends on what you mean by "better". If you are referring to the fact that the 19's have little or no suspension flex, and are concerned about rendering yourself sterile from the stiffness of the ride characteristics, then choose a coil over that is more compliant.

Please understand, Progress coil overs are pretty stiff, compared to your current setup. Also, with the Progress setup, you aren't forced to buy rear shocks immediately. I've actually been quite happy with my stock shocks for the past 7 months.

You might want to find some way of getting a demo ride to feel for yourself.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The choice between the two is not an easy one. Each has their pros and cons.

Reasons to go with Progress...

Lower Price
Lower Spring Rate (smoother ride)
Open to options for rear shocks

Reasons NOT to go with Progress...

Lower Spring Rate (not as "sporty")
No rear Shocks
No camber plates / Less adjustability
Currently on back order

Reasons to go with K Sports...

Higher Spring Rate ("Sportier" handling)
Includes Rear Shocks
More Adjustability (Camber, Height, Pre-load, Dampening)
Currently Available

Reasons NOT to go with K Sports...

Higher Spring Rate (Rougher Ride)
Higher Price

Now the number of pros and cons on each really doesn't matter. As each one of these items weight differently for different people. Some may feel that a smooth ride is the most important thing to them. This would have them leaning heavily toward Progress. Some may feel that a greater degree of adjustability is most important. That would make them lean toward the K Sports.

In the end, it is all about what meets your needs the best. No one product is the best choice for everyone. Your best bet is to read through all of the posts in this thread, and determine what is most important to you. Then make your decision based on that.

·
Registered
372 Posts
okay - this is great info. thanks - all.

sorry to thread jack - but I got some questions regarding this topic - and I was just researching the K2's... I'm on goldlines. I've got sportmax 002's and I want it lower w/ coilovers - not bags. I drive it daily and really like the goldline feel and performance.

which coilovers will give me a similar ride or 'feel' and take me down to -3"? sounds like the K2's are the way to go. yes? no? other options?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.