Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running these springs on there XB? If so do you have pics? I read alot about Tein's and Tanabe's on this site but I haven't seen anything about the Ksports.

I'm going to either buy a set of new Ksports or used S-techs.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I think the K Sport GT's just came out recently, or their advertising just came to a large haul, or something...

I was thinking of getting these because no-one else had them and be the guy who tried them. They're coilovers aren't bad (from what I hear) so I can't say anything about their springs. I say go for em.

·
Registered
762 Posts
it drops 1.6" in the front and 2" in the rear? my rear is already lower than the front :(. i need a 2.5" front drop at least.

·
Registered
552 Posts
it drops 1.6" in the front and 2" in the rear? my rear is already lower than the front :(. i need a 2.5" front drop at least.
I don't get why they do that ^^^^^^

My springs are the same, but the Monroe struts I got leveled if off and made a better ride too. But I do like a slight rake so I don't get it. I would think springs should be made to keep the car level???? not lower in back :mad:

·
3,453 Posts
Yeah, I've never understood that myself. I think Tein and Progress have it right when it comes to making the springs. They're both dropped just a bit more in the front. I wanna say the TRD springs are the same way, because when I put a level on the roof of my car, the bubble is in the middle.

Who knows? If you wanna "fix" it, get some Echo struts, it'll drop the front another 1/2"

·
Registered
372 Posts
I don't get why they do that ^^^^^^

My springs are the same, but the Monroe struts I got leveled if off and made a better ride too. But I do like a slight rake so I don't get it. I would think springs should be made to keep the car level???? not lower in back :mad:
they're accounting for the engine weight - supposed to be level when the springs are settled in.

·
Registered
552 Posts
they're accounting for the engine weight - supposed to be level when the springs are settled in.
^^^^key word "supposed to be"^^^^^

That's what I thought to, but it seems that everyone with springs that say a lesser # for front have the rear lower??

·
3,453 Posts
I do not think they understand what they're doing when they make the front higher than the back. Anyone who has an xB typically wants at least 2 8" subs, or a 10" or BASS in the back. Anyways, if they truly are going off the fact that the front is heavier than the back, you'd think they'd make the back springs tougher because you can haul things in the box.

The only springs that I've been told are guaranteed not to sag are the ones Scion Pro sells.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do not think they understand what they're doing when they make the front higher than the back. Anyone who has an xB typically wants at least 2 8" subs, or a 10" or BASS in the back.
Thats the reason I changed my mind and ordered a set of DF-210's. I didn't like the whole front higher then the rear thing. I ordered them today and hope to have them here and installed by Saturday. Then the hunt for rims and tires will begin.:rolleyes:

I've found my new addiction.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.