Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..looking for opinions on which is safer from the two? Anyone run either of these for a long period of time, without any issues? My box is a daily driver and I'd hate to lose a wheel on the freeway, endagering my family or others...

Thanks in advance!

Oh, and any idea if the OTG neg. camber shim and spacer combo equate to at least 20mm when used together?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
The OTG camber shim and spacer combo will only be pushed out 10mm closer towards the outside of the fender, but will be cambered or tilted 3 degrees.
Vary different from spacer shim + spacer shim which would push it out 20mm.

Ive run the Kics 25mm spacers on my car for a long while. (well not anymore since I got new rims). They hold up just fine and there is no danger. You dont need to worry with either one really. Theyre both safe and tested. As long as both are torqued down, you're peachy. I would personally do the 25mm spacers just for the simple fact theyre easier to remove, put on, and cheaper. Plus you get an extra 5 mm of spacing which is nice. (since most Scion setups have Honda fitments of 40mm)

My vote: Rock the 25mm Kics.

scotty

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Yep yep theyre highly recommended by me. Ive got my old set if you're interested in getting a set used. (5-7K Miles on them) I only have a pair of spacers however, since I just needed the rears spaced. If you're interested PM me. If you want a new set, I would recommend Rishie at Autornd.

Scotty

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I've been running my 25mm for over a year with no problems.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Haha. I'm looking for camber-and/or-spacer shims myself. If anyone that has them used wants to talk, please gimme a PM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.