Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I'm going for something loud and obnoxious. So far I have narrowed my choices down to two different models. Two 12" Rockford Fosgate T1's http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/prod...id=32&family_id=12&item_id=91837&locale=en_US
or Two 12" Kicker CompVR's http://www.kicker.com/06/kicker_home.html

I talked to a guy at a Pro Audio store and he told me to invest in the Kicker. If anyone knows a better product to use, I'm all ears! Here are my criteria:

2 12"s
High SPL ~ 140 dB
No more than 1600 W together
Not insanely priced!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
i would've said go w/ the kicker, but my very first sub, a kicker, blew on me, and plus i think they're ugly. so the fosgate all way, they look nice and clean and i'm sure sound great. i'm running 2 JL 12W3v2-D2's on a 1500 watt amp and she smokes!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thats funny AAroninthebox cause I had my rockford punch's blow out on me, but that was a long time ago... I am going to probably get kicker next time around... I was thinking solobaric though... Do you already have the dual 12" box? Personal prefference for me would be kicker....

·
Registered
420 Posts
i would say go with Re if u wanted to beHEARD they have the best subs out..
i have 1 12" that rms at 1000
but if ur not into that hard hitting kind of stuff
go with
Powerbass
its pretty good priced and very great sound
Mister Flipper is sponsored by them and i like the way they sound.. its not to bad.
Comp cvrs arent that great but if thats all u can get i'd
go with those Kickers.

·
Scion God
541 Posts
x2theB said:
Ok guys, I'm going for something loud and obnoxious. So far I have narrowed my choices down to two different models. Two 12" Rockford Fosgate T1's http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/prod...id=32&family_id=12&item_id=91837&locale=en_US
or Two 12" Kicker CompVR's http://www.kicker.com/06/kicker_home.html

I talked to a guy at a Pro Audio store and he told me to invest in the Kicker. If anyone knows a better product to use, I'm all ears! Here are my criteria:

2 12"s
High SPL ~ 140 dB
No more than 1600 W together
Not insanely priced!!
Id have to tell you to go with Kicker.. Im running 2 2006 S10L7s and they are rated at 800 Minimum.. The bump you get from the 10s is equivalent to 2 15s.
If you go the S12L7s, you will get the bass sound of 2 15s... I can tell you also that the Kickers are very hard to blow, they take alot of damage and keep pumping out pristine bass..

·
Registered
198 Posts
diffently go with kicker im running 2 L7 12's with a 1200 watt kicker amp. My friend is running 1 10 inch L5 in kickers prefab ported box, and i think a 600 watt amp (not sure on that) but he hit a 136 with it:eek:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like Kicker wins this one!!

Ok, so now I'm thinking about rolling with the squares... heh. As much as I like the L7 I think I'll have to settle for the L5. Even though it is lower power, it still has the same area. I just don't think I would be able to power the L7.

So now, any recommendations on 2 ohm or 4 ohm?

I know you guys probably think I'm stupid or something by all these questions but I'm really not. I understand electronics for the most part, resisters capacitors, emf, voltage, current, all that great stuff I had to learn in physics. I just can't seem to relate it to my @%#*ed car stereo!

Ok, enough of the explaining. Which one would be better **easier** to power?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And if you haven't realized, you are all collectively building my system for me. THANKS!!! :eek:)

·
Scion God
541 Posts
x2theB said:
Ok, so now I'm thinking about rolling with the squares... heh. As much as I like the L7 I think I'll have to settle for the L5. Even though it is lower power, it still has the same area. I just don't think I would be able to power the L7.

So now, any recommendations on 2 ohm or 4 ohm?

I know you guys probably think I'm stupid or something by all these questions but I'm really not. I understand electronics for the most part, resisters capacitors, emf, voltage, current, all that great stuff I had to learn in physics. I just can't seem to relate it to my @%#*ed car stereo!

Ok, enough of the explaining. Which one would be better **easier** to power?
Definitely go 4 ohm... If you are powering with a 1600 watt amp, thats enough power to push them but you might consider getting a 1800 for the extra push!! The 2 ohms are fine as long as you wire them in series, but i think you would be happier with the 4 ohm sound

·
Registered
234 Posts
MAn my RE XXX 15 is louder than 2 15 L7s. By a lot. Over 3 DBs which means the sound output is double. If you want something that hits but one break the wallet the L7s are nice or some Alpine Type-R or Xs.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Gunz4sale said:
MAn my RE XXX 15 is louder than 2 15 L7s. By a lot. Over 3 DBs which means the sound output is double. If you want something that hits but one break the wallet the L7s are nice or some Alpine Type-R or Xs.
dam right RE fucks **** up!!!!!
lol
aned if u were to go with alpine invest money into the X's
and the L7's fork icker..
the L5 arent to bad either..
but if money isnt that much of an issue def get Re.
www.reaudio.com
read about their stats

·
Registered
234 Posts
iheartmyxb said:
dam right RE fucks **** up!!!!!
lol
aned if u were to go with alpine invest money into the X's
and the L7's fork icker..
the L5 arent to bad either..
but if money isnt that much of an issue def get Re.
www.reaudio.com
read about their stats
I have 2 RE 12.1s also ;)

·
Registered
546 Posts
go with Kicker..... nothing but goods things with kicker...on the other hand I have 3 fosgate P3's which arent the best but there pretty good...and I have had nothing but problems with them, I have blown them out like 4 times already....only one of them has worked from the begining other 2 keep blowing. GO with kicker all they way.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Scion Xb Kicker L7

Go with two 12" Kicker L7 you can not go wrong with those and you will be more then impressed with the bass you will be pushing through your car hahah. If you are local I have two in our camo green one and love it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
ok since i see all these Kicker fans i have to say that FOSGATE has been the best sub for me all the way around. I have never had problems with them and i heard if you ever blow them out .. most of the time fosgate will warranty them for you and give you a new pair.. I had a pair of 2 12" XL somethings and i had them in 3 different cars .. never any problems.. The main problem i see is that people put too much power to the subs and they blow.. I have heard kicker too but i think forgate is a more trustworthy company... I currenty have 2 12" Fosgates p2's in my expedition .... soon in my scion .. and i love them to death... just my opinion to complicate you even more .. Good luck .. im sure you wil be happy with whatever ou get .. JL also makes some kick ass subs .. W7's i think ...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, I'm glad that most everyone is agreeing that Kicker is a pretty good product when compared to Rockford. I agree that the RE XXX is pretty awesome, but it requires way to much power. Also, everyone is talking about the L7 what about the L5? Is it worth the extra $$ for the subs AND the amp to get L7's instead of the L5?

·
Registered
234 Posts
x2theB said:
Ok, I'm glad that most everyone is agreeing that Kicker is a pretty good product when compared to Rockford. I agree that the RE XXX is pretty awesome, but it requires way to much power. Also, everyone is talking about the L7 what about the L5? Is it worth the extra $$ for the subs AND the amp to get L7's instead of the L5?
xxx only requires 1000w rms. Although im pushing mine with 2400ws

·
Scion God
541 Posts
x2theB said:
Im running my L7'S with Arc Audio Amps.. Kicker Amps are good but you have a crapload of amps out there that you can choose from. Its all about your budget.. Id say that the L7'S are worth the extra cash but ive seen alot of L5 set-ups that freakin bump also.. Id say go down to your local Audioshop and compare the sound of the 2 speakers...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.