Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
You know what......I'd roll that over the xB2. Similar in design, that one just seems to have more.....edge to it.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
notice the suicide doors. :) Still not to sure about it though.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Even though it's a concept and the real car won't look as cool, you have to admit, the headlamps and taillights are pretty neat looking!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
t2b concept vs kia soul concept (both are American designed)

This comparison really makes me appreciate the t2B concept much more! It's too bad the xB2 production car is so drastically different. I am very curious to see how the production 2009 Kia Soul turns out...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yeah, don't care how cool it looks, it's still a Kia and I'm just not down for the brand...

Seriously, have you driven a Rio? I would be embarrased if I had built that in my garage with hand tools and a stick welder and THEY have a whole factory!

/mini-rant.

Good find though.

-Alex

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Thats got some kick to it......... but lets see what happens to it when it has to pass DOT standards.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Sorry...I'm not real fond of anything Korean
Uh, hmmmmmmmmm, er... well I am fond of a few , just not their cars... ;)

====

There have been some really strange "concept cars" from there, but they all seem to have that slight 'twist' to the design that makes 'em interesting even though sometimes bizarre. Here's an example (the Hellion):

(I can even see some similarities between the Hellion and the Soul...)

The Kia Soul actually looks interesting, and a more pleasing design than the 'melted bar of bath soap' that Scion came up with. The 2.0 as opposed to the 2.4 engine also seems a better choice. Still, though, I highly doubt I would by one, just on the existing reliability of most Kias...

One of these days, though, they may be where the Japanese are now - let's face it, the Japanese pretty much started out where the Koreans did, and they got their act so much together that they are now, arguably, the best in the world for general consumer cars.

Tom

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It may be more SUV-ish looking, but I think they are aiming for the same small-utility/crossover/youth-oriented/whatever market with something similar in price-point and dimension as the xB (or xB2?).

I doubt I'd ever even consider a Kia Soul, I'm just more curious than anything and I think a little competition is always good for the consumer. However, I was really hoping somebody would come out with a true OG xB competitor (small, economical box), but with the way xB2 has gone (not-so-small, not-so-economical box), it seems, the OG xB was just a one-of-a-kind phenomenon.

What I really find most interesting is that a Kia fan site exists! LOL

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
IT looks good, But I don't think it's one that could be slammed. I think it would need lifted if anything. I kinda like it how it is, 4 or all-wheel drive?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.