Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
Has anyone noticed that Scion made everything you can change ungodly complicated. Like changing the text on the radio.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
programming remote

Hi MoneyC:thanks for the lead;am trying it now.will let you know if i have joy.:)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
caden_stargate said:
Has anyone noticed that Scion made everything you can change ungodly complicated. Like changing the text on the radio.
I know, I'm still trying to change the text on the radio and I have read the directions 10 times in one sitting. LOL!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
caden_stargate said:

:mad: I've been trying to figure out the whole text thang, looked in the manuel too.:mad: And I can't find anything reffering to it. Is it only for the 6 disc?!?!?!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
BOXlover11 said:
:mad: I've been trying to figure out the whole text thang, looked in the manuel too.:mad: And I can't find anything reffering to it. Is it only for the 6 disc?!?!?!

I was told it works on any '05 Scion. Since I have an '04, I'm stuck with the regular stuff. One of the Scion books (Vol. #3 I think) tells you how to do it...... ;)

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
I changed the text on my radio pretty easily actually. I do have an 05 though, so that could be why :D

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Dew said:
I changed the text on my radio pretty easily actually. I do have an 05 though, so that could be why :D
Time for a "how to". What did you change your text to? I've read you can change to Japanese characters! :eek: How cool is that? :cool: :cool:

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
haha, now that's cool. I didn't know you could do THAT! I'll check it out when I get a moment and try a how-to. I just changed mine to say "Hey Sexy!" everytime I started it up :D

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Nice. If anyone can get a hold of that magazine that the dealers have in the Scion showrooms, it tells you how to change the text. (Alex?) The one I'm speaking of is for the '05 Scions, it has the limo xB in it, along with Mr. Cartoon's lowrider xB.

Attachments

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
aww dude, I JUST threw that away just a few days ago. I'll check around and see if I still have it, but I doubt it :(

·
Registered
1,638 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Unfortunately, all my old Scion mags are gone! I gave them to a lady to make t-shirts and never saw them again. Too bad, I had the whole collection. Still, sound like admin has us covered.

Also, yes, only '05 radios work with the greeting change. My '04 won't do it.

-Alex

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.