Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Whoa! Nice change up!

Nice combo, congrats! You're using the 6 channel to run the entire system, right? (Sorry if the question seems obvious. :eek: )

·
Registered
191 Posts
That head usnit is awesome. A question.....is it possible to watch, say, a movie on the unit while driving? I think I read somewhere that it is not legal and a lot of these monitor units have some sort of lock out.

What about those passneger side mounted sunvisors? Are those legal to be one while driving?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
youthinasia said:
That head usnit is awesome. A question.....is it possible to watch, say, a movie on the unit while driving? I think I read somewhere that it is not legal and a lot of these monitor units have some sort of lock out.

What about those passneger side mounted sunvisors? Are those legal to be one while driving?

It is possible to watch and drive, just don't get caught.

There is a parking-brake wire, that you have to hook up to your parking brake to be able to watch movies only when you are parked.

Take that wire and hook it to your ground wire and you can watch movies any time! Thats what I had to do.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
youthinasia said:

The HU is able to play while :rolleyes:, well.....you know.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just installed the Kenwood Excelon DDX 8017 in my XB(it's the one with built in 5.1 surround processor) I love the head unit, I haven't gotten the Navigation for it yet but I just got the Kenwood Music Keg 10GB Storage unit. Kenwood is discontinuing them I got mine for only $99.99. You should look into getting one it's alot better than getting a changer for your system. Plus then when your friends wanna listen to their CDs you don't have to lose where you were at in your music....I hate that!

·
Registered
144 Posts
BOXlover11 said:
was that head unit able to just drop in or did they have to fill it in a lil bit. I am looking into buying this head unit.
I have the DDX8017 (Pretty much the same unit) and it has a little bit of a gap on the sides, the trim plate that came with the Kenwood is a little too big, I haven't gotten around to fabbing something to get rid of the gap yet, but I did install my Backup camera and it's sweet (except when it gets raindrops on it and looks blurry :( I hate Seattle!!
sorry I jacked the Wallpaper pics on my stereo from this site :eek:

Attachments

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BOXlover11 said:
was that head unit able to just drop in or did they have to fill it in a lil bit. I am looking into buying this head unit.
sorry to get back at you late, but just as DJ Unknown has mentioned, there will be a little gap that needs to be filled on both sides of HU.
I have used the plastic trim kit, and with a Dremel, everything is good. paint it silver to match rest of the dash trim.
I am in process of fabbing a clear or colored plastic trim, and installing a LED in the HU area to illuminate the light through the side gap. ThunderGodIllumination

·
Registered
144 Posts
BOXlover11 said:
But the quality of the mount is good yeah. Oh yeah just got word of my tax rfnd. New things will be coming soon ;)
The quality of the mount is great!! Looks like it was meant to be there :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
DJ Unknown said:
I have the DDX8017 (Pretty much the same unit) and it has a little bit of a gap on the sides, the trim plate that came with the Kenwood is a little too big, I haven't gotten around to fabbing something to get rid of the gap yet, but I did install my Backup camera and it's sweet (except when it gets raindrops on it and looks blurry :( I hate Seattle!!
sorry I jacked the Wallpaper pics on my stereo from this site :eek:

Is the custom wallpaper anew for the 7017/8017? I ahve the 7015 and the wallpaper options are pretty lame. Is it difficult to change the wallpaper settings on the new ones?

·
Registered
144 Posts
bdonscion said:
Is the custom wallpaper anew for the 7017/8017? I ahve the 7015 and the wallpaper options are pretty lame. Is it difficult to change the wallpaper settings on the new ones?
I cheated, I listen to my Kenwood Music Keg (MP3 Harddrive) while scrolling JPGs through the DVD player, the Jpgs pictures change every 20 seconds so it looks like a screensaver. the guys at the Scion Dealership were mezemerized by it when my car went in for it's oil change :D
yeah the Wallpapers are pretty lame, the dolphins are the only ok one on it, I wish you could actualy save your own jpgs into it, but my way works for now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.