Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Anyone Knows How To Install The Kenstyle Sideskirts Im Having A Problem With This And Dont Know How To Bolt It Please Sent Me Some Pictures How To Be Done Or Let Me Know Not Orginal Copy Ones I Guess It Dont Really Matter Though Thanks

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Did your lip kit comes w/ the brackets?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Line up the side skirts to fit as best you can. You may want to unscrew and pull back the wheel well liners to get a better look at the body. It is helpful to place a drop light under the vehicle to highlight where you'll drill your skirts to attach them to the body.

I drilled two holes on both the front and rear wheel wells to attach my skirts. The Kenstyle don't come up as high as mine but they still mount the same way. I don't have too many pics right now but this will give you the idea. This is the rear drivers side wheel well.

I hope this helps. If not PM me and I'll give you my cell number.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so their is nothing holding the bottom rite just bolt the side front and rear ? and one more thing how about the top middle part does that go inside the door area or i got to trim it a bit unless it goes inside and ribit it or screws ? thnks guys let me know

·
bB squad
1,054 Posts
DrEyzbB said:
so their is nothing holding the bottom rite just bolt the side front and rear ? and one more thing how about the top middle part does that go inside the door area or i got to trim it a bit unless it goes inside and ribit it or screws ? thnks guys let me know
yeah, there is nothing holding the bottom. As for the top middle, if you have it go into the door area, the side skirts wont sit flush with the body of the car. This is the problem I was talking about.

You will need some fiberglass work to fix it.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
DrEyzbB said:
so i need to extend the fiber glass going into the door?
I have seen some peeps use a rivet or two on the top portion to hold it on. I believe the fiberglass/bondo method would look the best but it's up to you and how much skill you have in that department.

If anyone has closeup pics of your side skirts maybe you could post them up to help out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.