Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there's a thread somewhere on how to install a Kenstyle Kit? I just picked mine up today and have no idea how to install this kit. Any help or DIY's will be very helpful.

Thanks

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
The only thing I can think of, if it's designed for the xB, is a straight bolt-on. I know there may need to be a bit of shaving, but everything should line up just like the stock kit.

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Koo.....the shaving is already done and it's painted. I just need to bolt it on. The problem is that I don't know where all of the bolts are, etc.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's simple. Jack the car up, and check the mounting points, if it all lines up, use the stock hardware and voila! Instant more hotness xB.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Does anyone know if there's a thread somewhere on how to install a Kenstyle Kit? I just picked mine up today and have no idea how to install this kit. Any help or DIY's will be very helpful.

Thanks
i have kenstyle lips are they the fiberglass ones or the real ones if u have the real ones do they give u all the brakets..... as for the fiber glass one take off the front and rear bumper then after look inside there should be four screw on the front take them off and also take off the clips and put the clips on the new lip then after just screw it back on as for the rear there are just those plastic plugs take them off and do the same think..... as for the sides u have to take off the oem lip pop off the two round platic piace and un screw it and just but the new side to the car and put two screw in the front and the rear make sure it goes in to metal lol this helps

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have kenstyle lips are they the fiberglass ones or the real ones if u have the real ones do they give u all the brakets..... as for the fiber glass one take off the front and rear bumper then after look inside there should be four screw on the front take them off and also take off the clips and put the clips on the new lip then after just screw it back on as for the rear there are just those plastic plugs take them off and do the same think..... as for the sides u have to take off the oem lip pop off the two round platic piace and un screw it and just but the new side to the car and put two screw in the front and the rear make sure it goes in to metal lol this helps
The front lip is poly and the sides and rear are fiberglass. I know that the original owner had it on for a month and fitted properly.

You didn't test fit it before you painted it. Goodluck wid that.
He Bought It From Another Box Owner...
Same Color As Him...

It Should Just Bolt Up!!
^^ Yup.....everything should fit like a glove. I just don't know how to put the glove on....:eek:

But with this info, I think I get it on myself.....hopefully!

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I ran into my first roadblock tonight. I have the front lip on (fairly simple). But when I attempted to put on the side skirts....it seemed like it didn't fit at all. Maybe I'm not doing something right. I'll have to take it to a shop so I don't break the damn thing.

As for the rear lip....I'm still undecided if I'm going to cut another hole in the rear for my dual exhaust or if I'm just not going to put it on at all. I don't want to take a chance with not being able to sell this in the future due to the dual exhaust outlets.

Ughh.....and to top it off....I can't get a hold of the original seller to see if he still has the brackets for extra support on all of the lips.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.