Scion xB Forum banner

What are you going to do?

• keep the 1st gen xb.

Votes: 87 83.7%
  • sell 1st gen xb and buy new 2nd gen xb.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • dont sell 1st gen, but buy the 2nd gen also.

Votes: 15 14.4%
  • you made the wrong decision and you should have waited to buy the 2nd gen.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i love the fuel economy of the xb, now with the 2.4L engine, i dont think it will produce anything near the tc fuel economy due to the fact that it is bigger & heavier.
im gonna stick with the 1st gen.
i bought my 2006.5 2-3 weeks ago and i am very satisfied.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yep, same here, gotta 2006.5 TCM on jan. 9. Luv the room, luv the mileage, luv the look. Got lottsa MOD's to make it exactly the way i want, but...thats part of the fun. I think it's stupid that cruise isn't offered but i've already taken care of that. The new xb is so differant they should have named it something else. Being that it's bigger, heavier, bigger engine, bigger tires, theres no way the mileage is going to be as good. OG xb in da house, I'm luv'n it, I'm keep'n it, fa shizzle dizzle.

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ cruise control

how & how much?
i need cruise control on my car bad. i drive alot to miami, daytona, clearwater, etc... cruise control would be nice.
is it offered by the dealer?

·
Registered
247 Posts
No, dealers do not offer in most states. Go to Allcion.com They carry a cruise control made specifically for scion by ROSTRA. It is my understanding this is the company who developed cruise control. It costs $191.50

·
Registered
247 Posts
It's easy for someone mechanically inclined (i'm not). I have a friend who does a lot of customizing and mechanical stuff for me way cheaper than if i had to go to a shop so i do not know what the "going rate" is.

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh yes 1st gen power.
everyone so far is keeping there beutiful 1st gen.
hopefully the 2nd gen crowd aren't rowdy, you know what i mean.

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
Imma keep mine, and buy the second gen to run into the ground to keep the miles off the 'Classic'

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm keeping the real xB. When time to buy another car I'm not buying any of the new crap Scion is putting out, I'll go with a Smart or BMW.

New 08 Scions suck

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Yep I'm gonna keep ours too. I don't want to have to repaint it just to sell it.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Like Dave said, If you put the time and money that some of us did you would keep the 1st gen, I'm keeping mine.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts