Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I figured it's time for me to make one of the xB. Not much done yet at all but it's coming along nicely.

First off, pics of my car.

One of the first things I did to the xB, change the spark plugs. What a dramatic change it was. Car is driving excellent now seeing as the plugs I pulled were around .5 and the new ones are .32. I also got a chance to change out the air filter as well. Figured I'd do that until I could pick up an after market one.

Old plugs:

Another thing I did was install my HU and wap out the stock dash speakers for some cheap clarions.

YouTube - Scion xB - DA BOXX!! *Update #2 - HU install and new 3.5"s installed!

I got these a few days ago. Arm rest from BadBasic (awesome guy btw) and an Ebay bB emblem which looks pretty awesome!

I was thinking about painting the arm rest black but realized it matches the silver trim so I left it.

Yesterday (5/7/11) I finally did the BIG3 and ran my power wire. Didn't want to run it through the passenger so I found a thread on google about running it from the grommet behind the battery

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t122/k3n12ock/Scion xB/IMG_0397.jpg

Install video of the big 3

YouTube - Electrical upgrades *Big 3 and power wire installed

So today (5/8/11) I was planning on running the sub RCA's and remote wire. That's when I remembered I had my PAC LC-1 bass knob. I couldn't figure out where to put it when I noticed the one "blank" tab next to the security and fog light switch. This is what pursued:

PAC LC-1

Removed the tab and relocated the fog light switch to the far right spot

Used a boxcutter to cut around the face of the LC-1 then pried it off.

Almost the same size, almost

Used a 1/4" drill bit for the hole

Double sided tape FTW!

Look I drilled a hole!

Stuck the knob from the backside out and secured it with the double sided tape:

Finished result. Nice amirite? :cool:

Not sure why there's no "EDIT" button but I forgot about these. The actual first "AUDIO" upgrades: sound deadener.

YouTube - *1st upgrades to the xB pt.1

YouTube - *1st upgrades to the xB pt.2

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Going to be building a subwoofer box soon. Going to be using (3) Sundown SA-8s powered by an American Bass VFL 175.1. Here are the specs:

30"w x 14"D x 15"H
1.7 cu tuned to 35hz
Subs up firing, port firing to the driver side

It'll fit right in between the battery and the passenger wheel well with enough room for the port to fire in front of the battery and not against it.

Also, I went and bought some Testor's Candy Apple Red spray paint and gonna be painting my tail lights! Man, I love ClubXb!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
what did you use to draw up the subwoofer box. i too am going to build my own box but im using two 12s. anyways goodluck on your modding
I used a program I found on Steve Meade's forum from a guy named Torres AKA Torres Box Calc. Then I drew it up in Google sketchup

Nice thread and excellent color choice. Your audio setup looks like it is going to be pretty impressive.
Thanks and I really liked that color the most. I mean, it's not in the best condition but I picked it up fairly cheap. As for my system, I have a competition on Sunday. Trying to get it done by then so I can go compete.

Another question, what do you guys think if I smoked the tails from the outside a coat or 2? Think it'll look ok or just plain weird?

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,421 Posts
Really nice build, it's coming along great.

Box is done. Eventually gonna repaint it but I might go a pair of 12s since those 8s aren't loud enough for me.

Put a different amp to those Sundowns and you will be much happier, they really need a lot of power and they can handle it. I would put them up against most pairs of 12s anyday with the right power.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts