Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered Halo Lights as a Christmas Gift for my wife's car. And the passenger blinker hole was cut wrong. It is now Feb 15th and I'm back at square one! :mad:

Here are the emails back and forth:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 18th I wrote:
My brother ordered headlights from you guys for my 06 Scion xB for Christmas. I went to install them last weekend and the blinker bulb is not right. The model # in the plastic below the hole says 1157NA however that is the stock bulb and it is way too big to fit in the hole. (See "Bulb too big 1.jpg" and "Bulb too big 2.jpg").

The slots cut out for the tabs on the headlight (see "Hole too small and tabs offset wrong.jpg") do not match the tabs on the stock blinker socket (see "Stock Socket From Car.jpg"). And the socket is also bigger than the hole on the head light assembly.

I called yesterday and they told me to email the info with pictures to [email protected] to have the issue looked into. The order # was private data removed.

He also ordered LED tail lights which look and work great. Thanks in advance for your help.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Jan 18 K2Motor wrote:

Dear Customer:

We want to let you know that these headlight does not include the amber corner light bulbs. Please visit any local auto shop for avaliable side light bulbs.

Thank you
K2motor

Jan 18 I wrote:

The stock bulbs on the car are supposed to fit. The model # etched in the plastic matches the model # on the bulb but they won't fit. Other people I have spoken with that bought these same headlights said the hole for their amber bulbs are bigger than the one on mine and the tabs are set properly so the stock bulb plugs right in (4 tabs offset 90 degrees from each other to make a perfect + or x pattern. (As you can see in the "Stock Socket from car.jpg" picture). The slots for those 4 tabs aren't even lined up properly (as seen in the "Hole too small and tabs offset wrong.jpg" picture). There is obviously an issue because there is NO WAY the 1157NA bulb that it states belongs there will EVER fit without cutting the housing. And even if it did, the holes for the "tabs" do not line up. Not even close.

Jan 19 K2Motor wrote:

Dear Customer:

If possible, please provide us a picture of the housing of the blinker, so we could double check if the one you recieve is defective.

Jan 19 I wrote:

Please see previous emails below. The "Blinker Hole.jpg" is a crude drawing of what the hole should look like.

Jan 22 K2Motor wrote:

Dear Customer:

We want to apologize for this matter, but if it is possible for you to purchase another type of amber light bulbs. Or if you would like to return for refund, we'll be happy to do this as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Jan 22 I wrote:

I have been to 2 Auto Zone's and an O'Reilly auto parts and have been unable to find the proper bulb and socket for this assembly. I don't really want to splice the wires on my wife's '06 vehicle. I think the best thing to do at this point is return the lights for a refund. Please provide RMA # / Shipping Information at your first available convenience.

Your help in this matter has been greatly appreciated. Thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan 23 K2Motor wrote:

Dear Customer:

We will further instrcut you on returning this item back to us. However, please provide us more infomation, so we could locate your order. Please provide us the order person's name, order number, address.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan 23 I wrote:

Well, I responded with the info they requested, but don't want to post private info.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan 24 K2Motor wrote:

Dear Customer,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please follow the instruction below carefully.

All exchanges must be made within 30 days of purchase. Please carefully pack and send the defective item back to us. If you have received a wrong or defective product, we do want to apologize for this issue, please return the merchandise back to us, and we will either process you an exchange or a refund after the return merchandise is tested (S&H is not refundable). However, if you change your mind and simply do not like it, you will be charged 20% restocking fee. All return merchandise must accompany with a copy of original invoice & packaging.

A UPS return label will be issued to you and you will recieve the label in your email.

Name:
Mailing Address:
Item Number:
Email Address:
Reason of return:

Return your order to:

K2 Motor
15302 E. Valley Blvd
City of Industry, CA 91746

Please put this RMA number on the box and also inside the box, all package without this number will be ignored:

P.S. It may take up to 4-5 business days to process the exchange after the product is receive

Thank you for you cooperation

Please feel free to contact us via email at [email protected] if we may further assist you.

Best Regards,

K2 Motor
www.k2motor.com

Jan 24 I wrote:

No RMA # is listed.

Then I sent another email on the same evening stating:

I was packaging the lights for shipment and I noticed the left side was cut correctly. (See attached: "Correct Left Side.jpg, Correct Left Side 1.jpg, Correct Left Side 2.jpg").

The right side was cut improperly. (See attached: "Incorrect Right Side.jpg, Incorrect Right Side 1.jpg).

The socket with the bulb is in a + or x shape. (See attached: "Socket.jpg").

As you can see from the photos the left assembly is correct and functioning; however, the right assembly is incorrect, and does not function. Is it possible to replace the right assembly only? If not, please provide an RMA # at your first available oppertunity for return shipment of both assemblys for a full and complete refund. Thank you for your continued assistance and I look forward to your prompt response.

Jan 26 K2Motor wrote:

Dear Customer:

The RMA number will be Private info deleted.

**** I boxed the items with a print out of the entire email correspondence along with a letter requesting the replacement of the lights or refund if replacement was not available. I also noted my name, cell number, and email address and never heard anything. And as a bonus, they emailed the return label to my brother, and he had to forward it to me since we live in defferent states. *****

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Feb 14 I wrote:

As per the tracking label that was sent to me, this item was delivered over a week ago. Here I attached the link to the tracking I would like to know the status of this request as I, nor my brother, have received an email, or any other communication regarding this issue.

Have replacements been shipped? If so, is there a tracking number? Or should my brother be expecting a credit on his credit card any time soon?

Your prompt response is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As of today 15 Feb, I nor my brother have heard any correspondence from them. However my brother went online to check if a payment had gone out and called to tell me they credited his card today for the purchase. I am happy to get a refund but here it is the middle of February and I'm back to square one on a Christmas Present!

If the parts were right in the first place this would have been a great experience but as you can see, if there is a slight issue, you may be potentially inconvenienced in a serious manner.

I just wanted to put this out as an FYI for potential buyers as I will NEVER order from these guys again. I'm not telling anyone not to, but do so at your own risk. I wish I had seen this link earlier.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
can't beat internet shopping, huh? Shouldn't be buying something like that you can't hold in your hands. Now you have a set of bunk headlites. sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is some crappy ass customer service there
Most definitely. And they have still never sent any reply to myself or my brother stating we would get a refund. They credited his card today. No email saying "sorry for the inconvenience, we've given you a refund". Nothing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
can't beat internet shopping, huh? Shouldn't be buying something like that you can't hold in your hands. Now you have a set of bunk headlites. sorry to hear that.

They have the headlights back, but I still have $80+ worth of SilverStars that I took out of the packaging to install. Internet shopping can definitely suck. And reading some of their replies, it was like they never read the emails I was sending.

·
Registered
379 Posts
They have the headlights back, but I still have $80+ worth of SilverStars that I took out of the packaging to install. Internet shopping can definitely suck. And reading some of their replies, it was like they never read the emails I was sending.

If you still have the packaging walmart should take them back, I read about someone else taking them back there and it worked.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Sorry all that crap happened to you.

We just purchased some of the chrome door handle covers for my girls' xA. Everything went smooth.

I know people have different experiences with certain 'companies'.

I had a bad one myself with 4caroption from ebay. Excellent feedback from many other people, and mostly the neutral feedback because people's problems were solved. Mine wasn't. My order was for a front strut bar and oil cap, and I received an upper grille and oil cap. It took them over 2 months to get everything taken care of, in quite the same manner as your situation. In the end, since they weren't being very nice, I asked for a refund since they tried to get me to keep the grille and get a discount on the strut bar. Well, I got my refund, and haven't purchased from them since. No, I never got my strut bar that I wanted. Sad thing is, they carry a lot of the smaller parts I want for the box, at prices obviously much less than internet vendors. We all learn our lessons in some way.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Fo sho. Most people here are too new to remember, but K2 had a HUGE scam on SL back in the day. They were doing an initial startup sale, for 50 bucks shipped for a set of dual halos. Yea I believe EVERY set was a broken pile of crap. One guy had gotten two left headlights, and all this weird shiz. They were terrible. I remember I was a mod when that happened and had to deal with that crap. Dont buy from K2. I tried getting a cheapy strut bar off 4caroption too, and I paid and waited a month with no repsonse. Came back, apologized they DIDNT HAVE ANY. So I had to get a full refund, and I believe I still left negative feedback. I wasnt happy.

Scotty

·
3,453 Posts
I left neg feedback too. Some of these places I swear are just junk.

That sucks with the whole SL thing. I'm kinda glad I didn't get in on that, I probably didn't even have my box at that time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
10 minutes ago (Feb 16th) K2 (finally) wrote:

Dear customer:

The amount has been credit back to the credit card on the 12th, normaly it will take up to 2-3business day to show onto the statement, depend on your bank. If any question please contact us at 626-369-2580

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I'm glad I wasn't in on that. With my luck I would have received 2 left headlights for sure. I think I'll do a little more research before buying from now on. Life lesson learned for sure. Thanks to everyone for all your help and suggestions with this and some of the other projects I've taken on.

I can definitely say though, this is not going to stop me from customizing the box. It's just way too much fun!

·
3,453 Posts
Excellent! Never let one, or even a few bad experiences keep you from a fun hobby. I've had a few bad experiences here and there, but you live you learn, and you fight another day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.