Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone familiar with K2 coilovers for the xB?? I ordered a set cause they seem to have a lot of cool features like 36 way adjustability and front camber plates.......and it was a great deal:eek: :D

I'm wondering how much adjustability in the ride height there will be and how they ride, etc. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, Sh!T !!! Man, I saw them yesterday, it was a good price (now I know why) and I jumped on the deal....Too late to back out now cause they're on their way....Oh well, I'll pray that the workmanship is good....I read that they were identical to D2s which I thought was made in Japan....BOO ME!!!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yeah alot of compaies today are trying to be JDM but are made else where. For example, Drag wheels Say they are enginieered in Japan and made in Taiwan. Some people think they are JDM but they arnt. I hope the ride will be cool. 36 way adjustable is gonna take a while to get dialed in. Probably start at 12 and work your way softer or stiffer. If you need them installed hit up my work for cheap price. Well make your shizz slamed like mine!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for dropping the knowledge bro'. I should've looked into the product more before buying, but oh well, I gotta make them work now. I'll be hitting you up about installing them soon. hey, can you get otg rear camber shims over at Island?? I gotta have that mattyrattypoo stance meng!:cool:

·
Registered
339 Posts
I had D2s, and if they're knockoffs or something, you can go as low as you want up front and adjust the spring rates seperate. The 36 way adjustable is really infinately adjustable and I found that two turns away from full stiff was the best ride for me :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool, it sounds like you enjoyed your D2s? Ok, 2 turns from full stiff, that'll definitely help in trying to dial them in, thanks superjeer.

·
Registered
402 Posts
2 turns is about right........lol......thanks jer......fun install even the cutting of metal uder the wipercowl......anyone have a 12mm allen wrench......we had to mcgyver some tools....everything fit perfectly together.....beautiful product...mahalos

·
Registered
59 Posts
_eE_ said:
2 turns is about right........lol......thanks jer......fun install even the cutting of metal uder the wipercowl......anyone have a 12mm allen wrench......we had to mcgyver some tools....everything fit perfectly together.....beautiful product...mahalos

i guess fun could be used to describe that. lol.

our custom tool was a one time use......we should of thought of vice grips earlier....

nah e, definately was a fun and interesting day

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cutting involved?? I hope not cause the word is that they will be at my door on either Friday or Saturday. I really wanted to have them installed for the big Willow Springs event this Sunday so I'm hoping it's an easy install cause I've never installed coilovers before...

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
my D2 should be in today, and hopefully installed by friday.
i'll have jason aka "scvscions" install the setup at his shop, and while he's at it, we may just install the new slotted drilled rotor.

i p/u my set @ NLMOTORING
i believe the price was about the same.

once i get it all set, i'll post pics.

eric, if you're in da hood, stop by. i gotta check it out yo!

·
Registered
526 Posts
ERIKB said:
Cutting involved?? I hope not cause the word is that they will be at my door on either Friday or Saturday. I really wanted to have them installed for the big Willow Springs event this Sunday so I'm hoping it's an easy install cause I've never installed coilovers before...
hey was up erik havent seen you in a while down the block well you dont no how to install the coil overs well if you need help just pm me or something ill find a way to help you out i just install some coilovers on the white lexus gs the other day im not sure if you saw me but i drove by well yea just hit me up if anything

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Eric, you'll probably have your D2s in before me so I'll be looking out for those pics. Man, you already got too many mods, you're hurting everyone's feelings, haha. I gotta make it out to the valley soon cuz my moms b-day is next week so I just might hit you up.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
azynboi03 said:
hey was up erik havent seen you in a while down the block well you dont no how to install the coil overs well if you need help just pm me or something ill find a way to help you out i just install some coilovers on the white lexus gs the other day im not sure if you saw me but i drove by well yea just hit me up if anything

Daaamn!! Dumping the GS!! I didn't see you out there but that Lex is looking right man. If I knew you were there, I woulda stopped by, damn...Island MS is supposed to do the install but if I get the coilovers on late Friday or Saturday, I'll probably be in the garage trying to figure that shizz out so I'll keep my eyes open for your box. Thanks man, I just might hit you up for some help on them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.