Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying today, but first I have a few questions. One if I buy used does the factory warranty transfer? Also if I buy the used one I am looking at that has 12K miles on it can I get an extended warranty?

Secondly what about power, I drove a stock Xb last week on a test drive, and the had no pick up, is this common? I know it has a 1.5L and I am used to a supped up 1.8T, but I hit the gas and nothing. Could it be just that model?

The dealership will not install intakes, so for one that should give me some more pep and secondly which one should I get?

How good are the stock tires??

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
119 Posts
:D As far as the warranty it depends. The dealer is going to offer you lots of options I would imagine once you get to that. I know the guys around here on used ones are actually offering A 100,000 MILE as part of the package when you buy used. Part of the whole Toyota thing, so that should be accross the board.
As far as pep... would suggest the manual one (not sure if you have a choice) gives you at least the feeling of faster...

Stay around the board as far as intakes, most people install them aftermarket. They are pretyy easy and there are a ton of resources on this board alone to help! Tires are good for what they are...

Welcome to the family!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Congratulations in advance, Mr F.

Agreed that the dealer may offer an additional warranty for used. I would assume the 36,000 mile is transferable, but that's an assumption. Toyota should be good like that.. but you never know what could go on.

You'll get used to the 108hp engine, manual or auto. It might not be the model itself.. could depend how it was broken in, so you might need to compensate for that. Either way, the xB can be tricky to get in the right acceleration zone at first, but then it's smooth from there.

Intakes, go aftermarket and read up here, like xternal said. As far as the stock tires, they seem decent after 20,000 miles.. I don't have any complaints, especially when the traction control needs to kick in for snow.

Hope that helps..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like I will be closing the deal monday. One more question how much should cruise control cost the dealership said $450. That seemed high. Is there away to do it aftermarked for cheaper. How much did everyone else pay???
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.