Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have just joined this forum because I am in the process of purchasing Scion xB.
Paperwork should be all done in a couple of days and I will be the owner of an Absolutely Red 2014 Scion xB.
Looking forward to learning more about this vehicle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello all,
I have just joined this forum because I am in the process of purchasing Scion xB.
Paperwork should be all done in a couple of days and I will be the owner of an Absolutely Red 2014 Scion xB.
Looking forward to learning more about this vehicle.
Welcome to the Toaster World. There is only so many of us left with the original Toaster's. Dang Kia Soul's have taken over. I am new to the xB Club myself. I just got my baby girl last March. She has been my dream car since I first could start driving. I am proud to have her.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome . . . Truthfully, I was not really in the market for a Scion and kind of fell into it.
Was thinking along the lines of cheap, reliable transportation, with more of a bias towards "reliable".
So an obvious contender was the Toyota Corolla, but they were all ridiculously overpriced.
That led to long hard looks at the Toyota Matrix & its twin under the skin the Pontiac Vibe - both could be considered "cousins" of the Corolla. Both are more reasonably priced than equivalent Corollas it seemed, and I was seriously looking at buying a 2013 Matrix when a real deal on the Scion popped up.
And if you like the boxy styling of the Scion, the practicality of all that room could not help but be appealing.
Reliable mechanicals, lots of room and practicality - what was not to like?
I guess you were always ahead of the crowd if you had your eyes on an xB from before you could drive.
I'm looking forward to enjoying my new ride. It felt pretty peppy during the test drive - not at all like a box on wheels, and sure different from how it appears.
Definitely a pleasant surprise.

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
922 Posts
...That led to long hard looks at the Toyota Matrix & its twin under the skin the Pontiac Vibe - both could be considered "cousins" of the Corolla.
Along with the ill fated, and poorly named, Toyota/Chevrolet joint venture, the Toylet.

Welcome to the site and please post some pictures of your new ride.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Welcome to the Family. Take care of it and these cars will last a long time

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As you may be able to see from the photos posted, the vehicle came with what appears to be the stock alloy wheels - however, they are missing the center caps. Shortcomings are to be expected with a used vehicle purchase, I suppose.
I checked on a Toyota Parts website and all they had were center caps for 17 inch alloy wheels" stock (the wheels I have are 16"). I imagine they would fit properly as they would be (same) 60.1 mm wheel center bore - does any know for sure, before I phone in an order? It would be appreciated.
I also had to replace the bulb that lit up the automatic shift plate as it was burnt out - didn't notice it as it was daylight for the test drive. Scion websites were useful getting me started with that. I was impressed by how easily the trim pieces snapped off and on with precision.
The only other deficiency noted was the need to replace/repair some of the components of the underbody splash shields consisting of torn and/or missing/damaged pieces. Kind of paranoid about undershield body parts missing since I have known personally of people who have had expensive (BIG $$$ item) repairs necessitated by stone damage to a/c condensers and radiatiors, and expensive scrapes to parts like oil pans because of missing splash shields (- especially in heavy snow areas).
Anyway, looking forward to further correspondence about all things Scion xB.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Almost forgot - the driver's side driving light LED strip has the bottom bulb burnt out. Priced it out at north of $140.00 USD for the OEM part. Does anyone know if the bulb only can be replaced before I take it apart (weather permitting) and take a look for myself? I know it's not a big deal, but I like all the lights to work - in fact I like everything to work properly, and I guess I'm hoping to get an answer before I get too OCD and take it apart just to take a look.
Thanks in advance for any help offered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts