Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm okay, my back hurts, but my poor Baxxxter's bumper is not so well. I will post pix later cuz I'm on my way to our NorCal meet at the Tacqueria place.

I'm still upset and can't stop crying. The guy was driving a rental car and only had some insurance through them and not himself. He just moved to California from India and he wanted to pay for the damage himself. Me, hysterical me was telling him no, then he wanted me to talk to his friend and tell him how much I thought it would cost to repair my and/or his damage. Told him I am not an estimator and I'm not giving him an amount because I don't want him to use that against me.

I would talk more, but am leaving to the meet. I will post pix later. Thanks for letting me vent!:)

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I'd be extremely angry and deck him in the face...no I'm kidding. I'd be angry though. Hope your not hurt to bad and the baby Box is going to be ok.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Oh no! I'm so sorry! If you feel like you might be hurt within the next day, you should go to the emergency room. I'm sure you know many times these things will come on after the accident. I hope you got the guy's information too. I think that because you were rear-ended, most of the time it will be considered the other guy's fault.

I deal with many disability cases that are vehicle related, and I've seen what can happen afterwards. Take care!!

(If your back hurts, you really should consider having it looked at ...) Jeff says get a lawyer! :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
get a lawyer as soon as you can he hit you in the rear he's at fault could be more than you think take pix glad your all right OMC

·
Registered
368 Posts
Sorry to hear it, get checked by a doctor to be safe.

If you want a good lawyer, and don't say you don't give me a hollar, I know of a good one, ask Gabe gave him a card to give to someone else. If he doesn't have it PM me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well I hate for this to be my first post here, but I gotta start somewhere. I am Darrell, Tammie's fiance. I met a few of you so far. She's doing ok, off to the meet in Fremont. I think it will do her some good to be there and vent some. This is the second time she has been hit in the rear. The rear end of this thing will be rebuilt more times than the 6 million dollar man before it's over.

Here's a few of the initial pics:(

Wish I could have introduced myself under better circumstances

Darrell

Attachments

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I'd be sooo pissed!

Welcome to the forums, boxwrench, sorry it was under these circumstances. I am glad that Tammie didn't get too hurt. But I really do hope she makes that guy pay. That's gonna be some big money to repair!

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Wow -- I hope you'll be ok. Def have your doctor take a look at you and make sure your ok. Sorry about the damage to the box -- don't let this clown off the hook. Did you get a chance to call your ins agent yet?
Take Care

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Atleast your ok, sorry to hear it.

I know you probably don't want to hear this.

From the pictures the damage looks like it could be pretty bad. Looking at the stress cracks on the bumper, looks like it could've driven the bumper reinforcement in, buckling the rails and floor. Take out the inner floor compartment and spare tire, lift the carpet and check and see if the floor is damaged. Look underneath the car at the frame rails they could very easily be damaged from that amount of impact. I bet the rear body panel is damaged too, by looking at the mounting bolt area on the top part of the bumper. Let me know what you see, if anything looks wrong.

Remember, something that looks so minor can really be costly. It's everything hidden behind the $125 bumper cover that is the problem.

$1000 - 3000 in damage at a good shop.

I haven't taken the rear bumper off mine yet so I'm not sure what is back there.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Glad you're OK! At least I think you're OK. The thing about Doctors, Lawyers and Mechanics is...word of mouth is the best way to find a good one.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Padanky said:
Atleast your ok, sorry to hear it.

I know you probably don't want to hear this.

From the pictures the damage looks like it could be pretty bad. Looking at the stress cracks on the bumper, looks like it could've driven the bumper reinforcement in, buckling the rails and floor. Take out the inner floor compartment and spare tire, lift the carpet and check and see if the floor is damaged. Look underneath the car at the frame rails they could very easily be damaged from that amount of impact. I bet the rear body panel is damaged too, by looking at the mounting bolt area on the top part of the bumper. Let me know what you see, if anything looks wrong.

Remember, something that looks so minor can really be costly. It's everything hidden behind the $125 bumper cover that is the problem.

$1000 - 3000 in damage at a good shop.

I haven't taken the rear bumper off mine yet so I'm not sure what is back there.

It's definetly worse than the last one. It was starting to get dark when the pictures were taken so more will be taken when the sun comes out and we can take a closer look. I had to rip off a piece of the r/r inner fender to keep it from rubbing on the wheel, so it got pushed pretty far forward.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
boxwrench said:
It's definetly worse than the last one. It was starting to get dark when the pictures were taken so more will be taken when the sun comes out and we can take a closer look. I had to rip off a piece of the r/r inner fender to keep it from rubbing on the wheel, so it got pushed pretty far forward.
Incase you were wondering. I am a bodyman. So I fix and look at this kinda stuff all day. Keep us informed. Oh, and I'm the guy that bought Tammie's steering wheel.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'm very sorry, Scion Doll!

I'm an attorney, and I say that you need to be advised by counsel immediately. Ask for a referral from a friend, if you can find anyone that likes their attorney. The sooner the better.

I hope that you are alright.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Padanky said:
Incase you were wondering. I am a bodyman. So I fix and look at this kinda stuff all day. Keep us informed. Oh, and I'm the guy that bought Tammie's steering wheel.
Cool, I recognize the name. I'm an auto mechanic, but don't get into the accident repair part till it does some suspension damage, etc. so at least I have some idea when they explain the fact that it is more than supeficial damage. I think last time was around $650-700. I think we will take it to the place we took it last time. they did a pretty good job, although all they did that time was the bumper cover. I'm sure Tammie will keep this thread alive 'till the cars fixed!:D

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks so much for all your well wishes! Sorry you had to "meet" my other half under these circumstances (he still can't make up his mind about either the xB or xA ;) ) and I didn't know he posted up until I got home from the meet.

I went to the meet and felt a lot of love and support...thanks to everyone there (and here, too)! It means a lot to me; I am sorry I still get emotional (crying like a baby) when I think about it. My back hurts more now, it's a lot of uncomfortable pain so I may not be able to work all day long tomorrow, gonna try and see if I can get into the doctor's (again with not having medical insurance since I just started my new job). Also gotta call my insurance and maybe go there so they can take a look.

With the box, Gabe was trying to push it in to "fix" it but I yelled at him (nicely) to stop cuz I want that guy to pay for all damages. It's probably not that bad, but it just looks that way and I do hear some rattling when I drive but understand those could be the clips for the bumper.

Thank you, Frogbox, I will call your guy tomorrow to get this taken care of.

I know it will be okay, it's just that it's still fresh and it bothers me (and hurts me, literally). You all are so kind and if I can give you all a big hug (cuz I really need more) I would!

To be continued...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.