Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought an 06 xb with 1100 miles on it. its the maroon color with an automatic. i wanted a stick but it seemed better to buy the used one. it was certified and came with a bumper to bumper 7 year 100,000 mile warrenty. thats longer than the new warrenty if im not mistaken and it was $500 more than a new one. i think it was worth it. its basically brand new. i just have to say that this thing is pretty cool. i have been eyeing them for a while but when the guy ran the stop sign last week and totaled my 04 ranger i had no other choice but to give it a try. i got it home and the wife said its so ugly yet she drove it to work. any help with mods and upgrades or just general info to the xb would be great. thanks in advance and ill be talking to you all.

·
Registered
673 Posts
welcome to the site and the world of scion... any free money is now gone as you will mod and mod and mod.... lol

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
toddone said:
i just bought an 06 xb with 1100 miles on it. its the maroon color with an automatic. i wanted a stick but it seemed better to buy the used one. it was certified and came with a bumper to bumper 7 year 100,000 mile warrenty. thats longer than the new warrenty if im not mistaken and it was $500 more than a new one. i think it was worth it. its basically brand new. i just have to say that this thing is pretty cool. i have been eyeing them for a while but when the guy ran the stop sign last week and totaled my 04 ranger i had no other choice but to give it a try. i got it home and the wife said its so ugly yet she drove it to work. any help with mods and upgrades or just general info to the xb would be great. thanks in advance and ill be talking to you all.
Welcome! My Dad's from Jersey (Williamstown), glad your enjoying the new box.

Oh, by the way...

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Welcome Aboard!

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Welcome to the club. Your wife is gonna get hooked and want one too...:D BCP (black cherry pearl) one of my fav's. Oh well who am I kidding?
I like all the colors.
36_11_6.gif

·
Registered
974 Posts
I got the Black Cherry Pearl one like you did, but I added some personal touches like a sliding canvas sunroof and fender mirrors off of an old Mini Cooper.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have family in williamstown. i live right outside of wildwood and capemay. nice sliding rag too.

·
Registered
198 Posts
OH GAWD YOU DIDN"T DID YOU?

let the wife drive it?????

That wife of mine drove my toaster a total of 3 times....and then this happened

:eek:

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
^ I guess I need to let mine drive it a little more.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Had mine a month, and I don't think I'm going to let me wife drive mine. Every car she has owned has been in a body shop one time or another! She rides with me thou, and she wants one BAD!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same seems to happen here, just bought my 06.5 salsa red last week and after my wife drove it for a day she is already looking on ebay for a used one ... :rolleyes: ... saddlesore, were did you get the chrome piece for your stock wheels? I took my ugly covers off as well but will have to wait for a couple of months for 15" aftermarket wheels and would like to do something for the meantime - thanks

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I let my dad drive my xB and then I moved so he couldn't drive it anymore. LOL. Then he came back and drove it again and decided to get his own. Now there's two Toasters in the driveway. BTW, Welcome to clubxB. Congrats on the new Toaster.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Ctruss, you have sliding canvas roof in Minnesota? Isn't that pretty cold? Does it leak?

I definitely like the look of your ride. I want a sunroof, but my wife says it will leak, and I worry that it will.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i used to work at a body shop for like 5 years so what ever she does to it im pretty sure i could handle it. i also picked some goodies let me know what you think. Stillen axle back, OBX 4-2-1 header, and a Fujitu short intake. not here yet but cant wait to get here and get them on.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
toddone said:
i used to work at a body shop for like 5 years so what ever she does to it im pretty sure i could handle it. i also picked some goodies let me know what you think. Stillen axle back, OBX 4-2-1 header, and a Fujitu short intake. not here yet but cant wait to get here and get them on.
Perrin Crank pulley is a must!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i was wondering if they were worth the money. i know i had an underdrive kit on a couple of my mustangs and they do make a hell of difference but they were a kit of 3 pulleys as opposed to one. ill look into it. i have not got under the hood yet. is it easy to get to? im sure the install wont be much.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Rcurry23 said:
Yes, I'd like to know about those chrome pcs. also. Those with the steelies look way better than the hubcaps!
Here's a full pic of the "cups,nutz and bling rings..

here's the deal//
beautyrings (stainless steel or chromed metal) $10 to $12 each.. get at a good parts house or GI Joes....don't get the plastic ones...they are just POS !

chrome acorn lug nutz at any better qualty tire place $1 each

The center cap or cup is found at NAPA parts stores.
this is Balcamp catalog part number #730-2411
will run about $10 to $12 for 2 boxes ( 2 per box)

these are a shiny metal that can be polished or scored and painted.. they just go on with a good whack using a soft mallet

my next project is getting my steelies powder coated to match the car's paint.. about $50 per wheel

hope this helps.
saddlesore from 40 years in an 18 wheeler...:p

·
Registered
51 Posts
how much was this sliding ragtop kit? what brand & size? prof. install or did it yourself and how much$ ? is the sound louder inside when the roof is closed or the same as before?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.