Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up everyone, so I've been creepily reading as many posts as i could on this forum because ive been waiting a week but finally got my xb. Its an 05 with a decent amount of things already done to it. I bought it off of a former member on here through craigslist. He told me he had an account on here but got banned for something he said and just switched to another forum. Well i guess the reason I'm asking is whats the first thing I should do? It already has a yakima roof rack and 16" rota slip stream rims. Alpine radio with a dual 15" kicker in the trunk. I want to get coil overs and have been reading through many different threads about finding the best price. Seems like the cheapest i'll find them are raceland but are they worth it. Most appealing thing to me is that 2 year warranty. Also, I am not trying to remove anything from them or take out the helper spring. I saw that it was fairly popular with the racelands to do that. I also went through the pics with coil overs threads but can anyone who has racelands post pictures of it in here. I know that they dont slam the car but i want to see how much of a drop ill be getting. I'll post pics tomorrow, right now the car is in my neighbors driveway because theres construction being done on my block and i basically have no curb/driveway and theres all wet cement. Also cant leave it on the street because I have no plates or registration on it.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Welcome to the board. Coil overs are an amazing modification... Im unsure on what they are going for these days.. If they are not in your budget I would suggest getting some lowering springs to start off with and then if later you want to go with some sort of fully adjustable suspension then you can sell your lowering springs and upgrade to a fully adjustable suspension.

I think the XB you got is a great start to a modified car.

I bet with the 2 15"s the bass hits pretty hard?

You should check the vendor section or the classified section to see if any possible members on this forum are selling anything you might be interested in?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the board. Coil overs are an amazing modification... Im unsure on what they are going for these days.. If they are not in your budget I would suggest getting some lowering springs to start off with and then if later you want to go with some sort of fully adjustable suspension then you can sell your lowering springs and upgrade to a fully adjustable suspension.

I think the XB you got is a great start to a modified car.

I bet with the 2 15"s the bass hits pretty hard?

You should check the vendor section or the classified section to see if any possible members on this forum are selling anything you might be interested in?
Oh yes haha you can bet on it the bass hits very hard lol. You can hear my license plates raddleing from inside.

I think I've decided to save money for now and then when spring comes invest in a decent set of coil overs.

Coming up within the next week plasti dip is releasing new blaze colors so I'm gonna buy the blaze pink for my rims as rack. Gonna look sweet :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Making the rack pink I think is an overkill and might ruin the crossbars since they are covered in some sort of foam, but if you think you are going to like it, go for it. AND POST PICS OF IT!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new ride.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I understand where your coming from but it is plasti dip so worse comes to worse I peel it off :D

Thanks everyone on the welcomes

·
Registered
63 Posts
Oh hahah well in that case thank you! Lol thought you were saying plastidipping wheels and rack would make me a ***** :eek:
No, I meant bitching as a slang term for excellent. Maybe that's an old term. I'm old. [ame]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=bitching&tbs=dfn:1&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=3U92UNmlO4WJiwKTkIH4BQ&ved=0CB8QkQ4&biw=1501&bih=895[/ame]

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice. Looks eerily similar to mine. I had even been considering Slipstreams for when I buy wheels in the spring.
I'd get them. It's such a simple but dope look haha. I Plastidipped them white for primer. I'm waiting for the pink to arrive in the mail. Hopefully by the end of the week. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350949586.340131.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350949645.625244.jpg

1 - 20 of 22 Posts