Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about a month ago my XB got hit on the entire passenger side. Well just to start after i got my insurance check my buddy told me to go to the shop where his father worked, which happend to be macco, So i go and i get it looked at they give me a price and i go with it. My buddy said his dad will paint the car and do the body work so i was cool with that since his dad is an awesome painter. So after a few weeks go by i call and they say i can pick it up at the end of the week and every week i call to pick it up they say give them a few more days. So all in all they keep it for a month. On top of keeping it for a month there are drips in the clear on the side skirt oh and did i forget the mention the color?! not even close my fellow scioners. Anyone who knows anything about painting knows to pull the color code right?:confused: and anyone who knows anything about scions know that black sand pearl isnt black right? its like a dark gray almost....well.....they sure didnt...so the side of my car got sprayed black...just plain old black...no flake nothing...it wasnt even BLENDED!!!!! so these DIMWITS go and buff my car...well...thats a no-no...all of the new paint is now spiderwebbed. And they said they were going to detail it?! nahhhhhhhhhhhhh never happened all of the 3m compound they buffed the car with...is now STUCK to my car because it was never cleaned off...and they didnt even have the DAMN decency to vacuum out my car...so when you go and smack the seat it looks like you just been antiqued! and to TOP off my INCREDIBLE paint job there is dirt.....DIRT STUCK ALL OVVVEEEEERRRRRR the car and that not counting the countless pounds of overspary everywhere else....so turns out my buddys dad didnt paint the car because his wife took a turn for the worse with cancer so he says he will be the only one touching my car and macco says they will pay for all of the repairs.... Bottom line is please people....go to people who know what the hell they are doing because this is buuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllllllllllll...well hopefully i wont have to post another one of these after i get this mess taken care of....but probably will.

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
That f-in sucks!! I'd be so mad...you wouldn't be able to hold me back. Make sure you make them pay for anything that needs to get fixed. Every little thing.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Man, that sucks. Like said before, dont give up, if worse comes to worse, threaten them with a lawyer. If that doesnt work, call one.

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I guess it just confirms all the stories I've ever heard about those kinds of paint shops. Hope everything comes out ok.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Oh h#ll no!!!!!!!

Give them one chance to make it right, if not, let your fingers doing the walking, and start by calling the Regional Manager and work your way up from there!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
That sucks to hear. I had some scratches on my hood when I just bought my box, I took it back to the dealer the next day and had them repair it. They painted the hood all over again and then buffed it. I have swirls alllllll over my hood. They look like huge circle scratches.. I feel your pain. I hope this works out and you get that box back to the way it needs to be.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
squirrel said:
Oh h#ll no!!!!!!!

Give them one chance to make it right, if not, let your fingers doing the walking, and start by calling the Regional Manager and work your way up from there!
^^^I agree with squirrel, the fastest way to a resolution is to start on the management tree and climb. I hope this time your friends dad can make it look good, if not good luck with your climb.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
^^^ Ditto ^^^

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
well if i wasnt saving 1100 i wouldnt have chosen macco plus my buddys dad is a very good painter i've seen his work but im not saying he's the best on the face of the planet, hes just good but, luck of the draw the lord himself struck the guys wife with cancer so yeah im a little pissed that they didnt call me and tell me what was going on, which they should have done instead of messing things up, but i called the manager yesterday and told him what was going on and i said "if you a'holes f up my car again im going to court to get my money back" and he said oh no there will be no need for that because were not going to mess this up again. i just told the manager i want to oversee everything that is going on to make sure its going to be correct. So before anyone jumps down my throat about macco, not to say that anyone is im just catching anyone before they do, just relax i know macco isnt the best but i thought "macco" wasnt painting my car and my buddys dad was but that wasnt the case. I can vouch for one thing the body work is great they reused the banged up fender and put on whole new door skins and all of the body lines match up and stay square so.. next week it's going back in and im hoping they get it right this time and dont piss me off again

·
Registered
490 Posts
I'd have to agree about Maaco. Last place to go! And don't threaten to get a lawyer. Pay a lawyer to fire off a letter to managment for you. Let them know that you have legal counsel and you are prepared to do whatever it takes to reach a satisfactory conclusion. These cars are to nice to have subpar workmanship done on them.

·
Registered
206 Posts
hmmm the same well sort same thing happen to me.

after my car got rear ended. i took it to cook-collision because they did a fabulous job on my other car but this time the paint was way off. TCM wasnt factory TCM . the paint did have alot of the metalic sparkal thingy. so they painted it again still not like the factory but better than before. you only can tell the difference when you looking at the car close other than that it was all good.

didn't hassle them for a third repaint so i just let them off the hook.

planning to give the car to my sister so it will be her problem.

if i dont give it to her im gonna repaint it Jet Black... i dont like BSP like kinda fruity ( my opinion so no offense)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.