Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I dislike the new 3.0 grille. Of course, I've disliked every xB RS grille thus far so I guess I'm not surprised.

Now, this is actually my wife's ride, and I'm totally jumping the gun by starting this thread without finding if she likes the grille or not, HOWEVER, she doesn't read this forum...yet...

So, let's have some ideas. I'm not 100% sold on doing the same grille I have, but it sure would go well with her theme (green and chrome with dragons). This is one area of the car that I've never really explored tons of possibilities on since I really like what I have. So, I rely on you folks for some good ideas!

Here's what it will sit next to on most occasions:

Let's see what you got!

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I would say the TRF grille like what I have, but its next to impossible to get.

How about the IPF copy w/ the fogs, or the Fab style?

I don't know of too many options readily available.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Heres my eBay grill $65.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great work guys!! Thanks!

Also found this one from Scion Sport:

What do you think?

I'm going to show this whole thread to the wife and show her what's possible.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dtrain619 said:
Does the Missus have a particular theme in mind for her rs? (Aggressive, subtle, Hot-Rod, etc.)
You should probably buckle up for this one:

"Dragons and chrome"

It should actually turn out pretty sweet. We've been running some plans for a while now and have some cool ideas. Think "spikes and class" or "evil lurking in a 3-piece suit" and you'll have a decent idea of what I mean.

It will be quite fun to do something 180 degrees different from what I'm currently running (the bastard tuner concept/disco club/LOOK AT ME!!). I'm looking forward to it.

-Alex

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:
You should probably buckle up for this one:

"Dragons and chrome"

It should actually turn out pretty sweet. We've been running some plans for a while now and have some cool ideas. Think "spikes and class" or "evil lurking in a 3-piece suit" and you'll have a decent idea of what I mean.

It will be quite fun to do something 180 degrees different from what I'm currently running (the bastard tuner concept/disco club/LOOK AT ME!!). I'm looking forward to it.

-Alex
Whoa, what a rush! *Unbuckles seatbelt* I'm gonna take a backseat to the mods my wife has planned. (No choice, she won't tell me! As if I would steal her ideas!! :rolleyes: :D :D ) It sounds like she's gonna rule the road for sure!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HAHA!! LOVE IT!!

We need to work out how to make an actual fish tank for the front grille. Hell, with all the bugs I hit I wouldn't even need to feed 'em! Then, during winter in Iowa it could just freeze and perfectly preserve the fish until Spring, right????:eek:

Now, if only I had a water jet...

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
^^^True JDM stuff right there. I've seen those grilles in the bB bibles.

·
Registered
691 Posts
KapitanE said:
I saw a guy at Exposed in Dallas with a grill that looked damn near identical to that top grill. But all he did was buy some chrome door trim and stick it on his factory grill. It looked suprisingly good.

I would say that a 3-piece Stull billet grill would look great and go well with the chrome theme. I have one on mine now but it is painted (soon to be powder coated) black.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
What about just an OEM grille painted to match? Or painte black to match the lower two?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Do you want something in fiberglass?

I could make anything ya wanted outta it if you find a style you like Alex. Ive been contemplating making a TRF style grille and see how that goes. Ive got two grilles I was gonna scrap that I could try doing something for ya. No charge, just neighborly love. If not thats cool, but Im getting pretty good with fiberglassing front bumpers, wings, and grilles ;-) Better than I was before. Hit me up and I can try some things out. I have the like $50 ebay billet. Not TOTALLY pleased with the curvature, but it works fine for me.

Scott

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.